(Volume 1) chapter 5: Just purrfect [Def]

So, some of you didn't understand the last chapter.

1. Yang inferred Yn knew something about Raven, but no.

2. No, I didn't skip any time; it was just Yn accidentally breaking the bottle in response to what he saw in the background.

3. Stop telling me to give this man a harem, Jesus Christ. I got 7 Pms telling me to give him a harem. I just lost 7 readers, but I didn't have to deal with this in the other book, So... What happened?

The sky seems gloomy. Who would have thought that something as colorless as water could make clouds so dark? It has drizzled now. The condensed droplets on the glassy walls of restaurants, and the dripping into alleyways caused many people to go outside with umbrellas. The endless music of droplets hitting window panes, rooftops, and tree leaves are like an old radio coming to life.

The sounds of water being stepped on by multiple people heard swishing across the cement floor as it only led to smaller droplets to be formed. The sounds of cars rushing by as water splashed onto the umbrellas of people who tilted theirs, blocking the water from drowning their clothes.

It was a rainy day, an off day. There was nothing to do on the streets. All Yn could do was walk around, waiting for his time to come. He was alone on this night and day; he continued to walk through the streets with a coat hung around him. It was the only set of clothing he had, for now, a black shirt, loose black pants, and a black raincoat to protect him from the cold, soaking rain.

Hiding underneath a rooftop that leaned over some set of tables. Other people there, Aswell, hiding from the rain. Some Building behind them lit as if it was open restaurant happily giving people food and drinks. Vale smelt like roses; the grass smelled wonderful, and best of all, there was no pollution. The dust had replaced oil and petroleum, meaning there was no way to ruin this god-forsaken world.

It was until tomorrow that he would go to this glorified Beacon Academy and enter to show his worth, but he would not show off willy-nilly. He wanted to be... a side character of shorts, a side character who could kill every single last one of them.

That was a butchered way of explaining it, but he just wanted to be done with all of this. Normally, he would be glad to be in this world. Why? Because this world was the world of RWBY, a world filled with semblance and aura. 

What may be Aura, you ask? Aura is the manifestation of the soul worn by the user. Being used for defense but rarely for attack purposes. In history, at least.

???:" Woo! Crazy day, huh?"

Someone spokes in a high-pitched tone. The squeakiness of it had caught Yn's attention. But what most allured him was the fact that someone else came in running behind them. Haling to a stop right in front of the other person, splashing water towards their shirt and pants.

???:" Come on, dude!"

??? 2:" Fuck you"

Sighing, Yn walked away from the restaurant, leaving them behind.

/-/

All around her, people descended the metal ramp crowning the cobblestone plaza of Beacon. Fanning out with whispers and awe gazes, turning so they might take in the beautiful sight before them. She was less impressed, heels clicking against the stone as she made her way to the cope of trees behind the path.

Beacon Academy... the point at which so many people's careers began. But for Blake Belladonna, it was a fresh start and a chance to be more than she had been. Surely this would be a life she wouldn't need to run away from. It had to be. It will be, she sighed, trying to dismiss those doubts within her.