(Volume 2) Chapter 34: Fear

Yn:" Checkmate."

In front of him was a board with checkered markers, pieces laundered all over the table. If someone didn't know any better, they would have thought there was a fight on just that table. But the two of them were just aggressive in this play, somewhat of rivals at this point.

Teana:" God fucking damnit."

Yn:" No swearing."

Teana wanted to try and beat Yn in some way, but fighting was out of the question due to the arena already being broken. Something about the monitor needing fixing, which was stupid they could just stop when someone reached red.

Teana:" I claim bullshit! You must have a chip in your brain!"

Yn didn't really pay much attention, only setting up the board as it once was.

Yn:" Stop complaining and admit I'm smarter than you."

Teana:" That stupid! Why would I admit that?'

Yn:" Because it's true?"

He waved his hand to the side, placing back his rookie. The soft metal touch almost scratching the paint off the cheap chess pieces made Teana cringe.

Teana:" Careful now you don't want to ruin the paint."

Yn:" It's white?"

Teana:" As I said. You don't. Want. to. Ruin. The. Paint."

All Yn did was shake his head, the immaturity from this girl was off the charts. How can she be so childish yet brandish a katana like she's going to die if she didn't? He wanted to ask, but assumed it would hit a bit close to home for her. Besides she deserved a bit of privacy after him talked all crazy to her that one night many weeks ago.

Yn:" Did you see the new lunch man? He seems a bit small to be honest."

Teana:" Don't complain about him, he makes amazing food!"

Yn:" Yeah well I wouldn't know."

Teana:" Then fucking eat."

Yn snickered, turning the board so the white side was opposing him and not her. This was starting to get boring; the first 5 games were only enjoyable to see Teana get mad. But at this point, it was just sad and depressing seeing a girl deny her loss, scratch that. It was sad seeing his teammate deny a loss.

Yn:" Maybe we should go, I have to go out tonight."

Teana:" Another date with Yang?"

Yn:" Wasn't a date, and no not this time. I'm going out alone, enjoy the stars and Vale out tonight."

Teana:" Ah, so the strip club."

Yn raised an eyebrow.

Yn:" Excuse me?"

Teana:" Oh don't mind me, I just thought you would the kind of guy too... Never mind."

Yn:" Hold on a minute what do you-"

He heard loud footsteps from behind, turning Yn watched Cardin. Cardin walked past the two of them and didn't even bat an eye, so he got out of the nurse's office. It was about time; the semester was about to end in a few tweaks so he must get out to visit his family. 

Teana:" Here comes the d-"

Yn:" Shut up."

Teana:" What? he is a-"

Yn:" I said shut it," 

He stood up, thinking if he should go ask what is wrong. His face didn't seem like one of anger or sadness. Just denial. But denial of what? He walked over and followed Cardin, Teana standing up Aswell to see what he would do.