(Volume 2) Chapter 27: Payday

I realized that the more serious chapters had more detailed writing. While moments with chapters like before are a bit more dialogue-focused... Huh.

Also the infamous payday chapter. The one chapter in my old writing of this, had over 6k words.

Yang:" When you said you knew where to go I didn't expect... This."

Yn:" This is where I lie often here in Vale."

The two were currently standing, or sitting in Yn's case, on top of a building's rooftop. Yang had wondered where they would go and Yn delivered, it wasn't per see something comfortable but Yn found peace on the rooftops. Nobody came up here, and when they did it was for maintenance, so Yn could easily slip away from anyone attempting to question why he would be there.

And since Yn was over in Vale... Why not destroy two birds with two stones he threw simultaneously? Standing in front of a building that was supposedly one of the places where the White fang laid base.

Butcher street he recalled. The street he was in, in front of a mostly abandoned road buried deep within the residential sector of Vale.

Yang:" You do this often?"

She asked turning towards him.

Yn:" More times than I can out. Which isn't a lot in my opinion."

Yang laughed.

Yang:" Well today you're having so much company so why not bring a gal over somewhere a bit nicer?"

An abandoned butcher shop was the building they were on top of, most likely time and expansion had rendered that a moot point, and now it gave way to houses and hoes without a storefront in sight. Several homes were boarded up and abandoned, and like many others, the windows were smashed by bored youths and rocks.

Yn:" And spend my money on you? No thanks."

Down below most of the people who were there had their hands in their pockets and heads pointed down. Butcher's street wasn't a nice neighborhood. And yang could tell that already.

Yang:" No I'm serious, are you sure this is a good play to lay rest?"

Yn:" There's a wooden board on the wall. I helped you jump up here so nobody knows we're here."

Said wooden board on the entrance looked to give away easily, already weak and more leaning on the door than anything else. Anyone could enter, and the surroundings were filled with the scent of vomit and alcohol, she wondered if this building was taken over by homeless people. 

Yang:" What's that?"

Yn turned to where Yang was pointing, on another building was someone setting something up.

Yn:" get down"

He told as quickly as he could, Yang reacting as fast as she could.

Yang:" What are we-"

Yn:" Shh."

He put his finger up to his mouth.

Grappling himself on the small wall, not even a foot tall-to stop anyone from tripping, pulling himself over it as he pushed his body forward. Landing on the other building quickly. 

They weren't anyone for maintenance, these buildings were not in working order for most likely years. So as Yn did the same thing as he has done before, he watched as Yang jumped from building to building with him. Not as agile, but nimble enough to not cough out any sounds while her feet touched the ground.