Ch. 2 Scott's Plan

Ana laughs as she enters her house, not at all surprised to find Scott sitting on her couch watching Housewives on the Sofa with Poppy next to him.

"You know, I gave you that key for emergencies only." Ana chuckles.

Scott looks towards her shrugging his shoulder. "It was an emergency. Chris ate the rest of my jellybeans." Ana chuckles again taking a seat next to Scott while scratching Poppy on the head.

Scott notices Ana chewing on her lip while pulling at her fingers. A nervous tick he picked up on the first time they hung out.

"What's wrong?"

Ana turns her head trying to hide the tears pooling in her eyes. Scott wraps his arm around her shoulders, pulling her in closer.

"Talk to me." He pleads. 

"I had another nightmare." Ana whispers. She wipes away at the lone tear rolling down her cheek. "I thought after a year of therapy and being in a new place I would be over them by now."

Scotts rests his head on her while whispering comforting words to her. He and Steve were the only two who knew the full story of what happened to her back in Texas, and they were determined to help her in any way they could.

Ana slyly reaches for the remote and turns on her comfort movie. Scott groans when he realizes she changed the tv. He didn't even have to look at the screen to know what she put on.

"Seriously, Ana? I just saw Chris a few hours ago and I don't feel like looking at his face anymore."

Throwing her head back laughing Ana shrugs her shoulders. "Hey, you knew this was my comfort move when you met me. And besides..." Ana smirks at him. "I don't watch for Chris. My heart belongs to Jeffery Dean Morgan."

Scott rolls his eyes and hands her the bag of jellybeans as he begrudgingly watches the movie.

As the move ends Ana invites Scott to stay for dinner knowing that Steve was busy getting the rest of the party decoration for Scott's party. The two catch each other up on their day as Ana makes a quick stir fry dinner. Ana plates their food and they take a seat at the kitchen island.

"You still coming to my party?" Scott asks over a mouth full of food.

Ana nods, "Of course. I wouldn't pass up free booze and a pool party for nothing. Besides, it's literally across the street. I can't not go." Laughing, they both continued to eat before Scott broke the silence.

"Great! That means you can finally meet Chris." He exclaims while grinning at her.

Ana chokes on the sip of wine she had just swallowed before turning beet red. While she and Scott have been friends since she moved here, and she's met Lisa and his sisters. She had yet to meet Chris since he was away filming for the year. Ana loved Scott and his family. Lisa was quick to take her in when she found out Ana was in Boston on her own.

Ana pushes her food around before asking. "When did he get back in town?"

Scott smirks at the blush Ana is trying to hide. "He just bot back last night and came over earlier to puck up Dodger."

Getting up Ana puts their dishes away and tries to control her breathing and the ever-growing blush on her cheeks. She wasn't immune to Chris's good looks. He was her first celebrity crush after all. After she saw him in Not Another Teen Movie. But since she became friends with Scott, she tried to avoid talking about him. She loved Scott like a brother and didn't want him to think she was using him to get close to Chirs.

"You know..." Scott edges. "I told him about you, and he's excited to meet you."

Ana whirls around so fast she's surprised she didn't give herself whiplash. Her eyes were wide as she looked at Scott. "What did you tell him??"

Scott laughs as he pours himself another glass of wine. "Only the good stuff I promise." He winks at her.

Ana groans, "Scott, please know that I'm not your friends just because you're relate to Chris."

Scott pushes from the stool and walks over to her, enveloping her in a hug. "I know that sweetie. But I still want you to meet him. He's the only sibling of mine you haven't met. Don't worry, we al know you have a no ill intention."

After getting home from Ana's, Scott finds Steve lounging on the couch. He plops down next to him and gives him a quick kiss. They cuddle while watching tv, but Scott can't stop his mind from wandering. Finally, Scott voices his thoughts.

"I want to set up Chris with Ana."

Steve sighs before grabbing the remote and pausing their show. "You do remember what happened last time you set Chris up with someone?" Steve asks him with caution in his voice.

Scott rolls his eyes, "Yes, but that wasn't all my fault. I didn't know Roise would turn crazy after their first date." He shrugs his shoulders, "Besides, Ana isn't like that. She barley wants to meet him because she is nervous that we'll think she's using me to get to Chris."

Steve turns his body to face Scott so he can see the seriousness of his face.

"But is Ana ready to date again? We both know she's been through a lot in the past year since moving here. And Chris is even ready to settle down? He is still hooking up with random girls." Before Scott can protest Steve continues, "Think of Ana in this situation. She doesn't need nor want to just hook up. She needs someone she can feel safe with and who she can trust."

"I know!" Scott exclaims. Taking a deep breath he continues, "I know what Ana needs and I also know she's perfect for Chris. She's everything that Chris is looking for."

Scott stands abruptly as he begins to pace in front of the television. "Chris has stated multiple times to us how he's ready to settle down, get married, start a family. I know Ana has a crush on him, no matter how much she denies it. She can't hide the blush that creeps on her face when we mention Chris." Running his hands through his hair he takes a seat on the couch, "Ana and Chris complement each other. I just know they'd be perfect for each other."

Steve is silent as he takes in everything Scott just said. After a moment he un pauses the show, they were watching but not before giving one last comment to Scott.

"Well lets just hope this doesn't blow up in your face."

That night as Scott laid in bed, he began to formulate a plan to set Chris and Ana up. He knew Ana had a crush on Chris and without telling her, he also knew Chris had expressed interest in getting to know Ana more given how much Scott and the rest of the family had talked about her.

Maybe just maybe this could be the start of something great.