It's all going to work out

Chris woke up to a puff of hot air blowing in his face. He groaned as he stretched out, still keeping his eyes closed. His head was pounding, and his whole body ached.

Finally, he opened his eyes confused because he wasn't in his room. He looked to where he still felt the hot air and met the eyes of Poppy and Dodger on the bed. Their heads tilted at him. Dodger barked once while Poppy licked his face.

Chris looked around and saw he was in Ana's room. He didn't remember how he got there but he was glad he was there. He noticed a glass of water and two pills on the bedside table.

He quickly took the pills washing them down with the water. He got up from the bed and made his way towards the kitchen where he heard giggling.

Chris stopped when he saw Ana and Annie sitting at the kitchen island eating breakfast. Annie was the first to notice him since Ana had her back towards him. He was nervous to approach her. The way they left things yesterday came crashing back into his mind.

"Well, are you just going to stand there or have some breakfast?" Ana turned to face him and gave him a small smile. They still had so much to talk about, and it was gnawing at the both of them.

Chris sighed in relief, he quickened his pace and wrapped Ana into a bear hug. He pulled back and gave her a long and loving kiss.

They were so lost in the moment they forget there was another person with them.

Annie cleared her throat and laughed as Ana and Chris pulled away, both blushing.

"I'm going to jump and the shower and get dressed for the day. What time do you want to leave?"

Ana glanced back towards Annie, "Let's leave in about an hour. We can hit all the downtown shops and then grab some lunch afterwards." Annie smiled and walked towards the guest room.

Chris sighed as he poured himself a cup of coffee. He was nervous about the conversation him and Ana needed to have.

They didn't say anything for the first five minutes. The awkward tension in the room was thick.

Chris cleared his throat and looked at Ana. Both had tired eyes, clearly neither of them slept well. "I don't even know how to start this..." Chris trialed off, for all he knew Ana could tell him she didn't want to be a part of this drama. He was possibly about to be a father and while he always wanted to be a dad. He did not want it to be like this, with a woman he wasn't in love with.

Ana sighed, "Well, first I want you to know that no matter what I am not going to leave your side unless you tell me otherwise." Chris stared at her in disbelief before he could say anything, she continued. "I heard what you said last night. You love me..." the last part came out as a whisper while she looked down at her coffee.

He tilted her head back up to look her in the eyes. "Yes, I love you. I know this is all moving so fast, but I started falling in love with you when Scott first started telling me about you."

Ana smiled, "Chris, I love you too. I was scared to admit it, but I talked with my brother last night and he reminded me that everyone's love story is different. To the outside world it may seem like we are moving too fast, but our relationship is between you and me. No one else. As long as you'll have me, I want to be there for you."

Chris cupped Ana's face and pulled her in for a deep passionate kiss. "You have no idea how much that means to me. I know I fucked up with Tracy. In all honesty I don't even remember her coming over. I just remember her being there in the morning."

Ana nodded her head with tight lip smile. "Do you know what you're going to do?"

He leaned back and ran a hand through his hair. "All I can do right now is demand she get a paternity test. Once it's been confirmed then we can go from there." He grabbed her hands, "no matter what I really want you by my side. I want to be with you. I love you Ana Marie Ortiz."