Glitter on the floor

Chris sat on the edge of his bed staring at the opened red velvet ring box. As soon as him and Ana arrived back in Boston Chris had scheduled an appointment with a jeweler to pick out an engagement ring for Ana. Before they left Texas, he had pulled her parents aside and asked for their blessing. Marie was more hesitant to give her blessing but ultimately, she knew her daughter would do whatever the hell she wanted so she gave Chris her blessing but not without warning Chris to not break her daughter's heart.

Tonight, was the night he'd get down on one knee and ask Ana to spend the rest of their lives together.

Chris decided to throw a New Year's Eve party, it was symbolic for him since this time last year he was unsure of where his life was going. He was laser focused on love but unfortunately the women he tried to date were only focused on using him for his fame. Then one day Scott told him about his new neighbor not knowing at the time Scott's new neighbor would become the love of life, his future wife.

Footsteps echoed down the hall causing Chris to quickly shut the ring box and shove it in his pocket. Ana appeared in the doorway a second later. She was wearing a shimmering silver dress, that went stopped midthigh, she looked breathtaking.

"What's taking you so long? I swear you take longer to get ready than I do." Ana smirked at him as she leaned against the doorway.

Chris chuckled, "I had to make sure my hair looked good."

Ana rolled her eyes laughing as she ran her hand through his hair, "Trust me it looks good." She leant up to give him a quick peck on the lips. But Chris was having none of that. He wrapped his arm around her waist and brought his other hand to cup her cheek so he could deepen the kiss. Ana moaned into this kiss bringing her hand around his neck, her stomach erupting into a million butterflies. She would never get tired of kissing him.

Before either one could take things further the doorbell rang pulling them apart. Both Chris and Ana's chests heaved up and down as they tried to even out their breathing. Chris grinned at her flushed cheeks as he bent down to kiss her cheek.

"Come on, we have a new year to celebrate, the first of many."

Ana blushed as they made their way downstairs, but she couldn't stop smiling. Starting off the new year with Chris as her fiancé felt like a fairytale come true. This upcoming year was going to be the best one yet, she could feel it.

As the night went on Ana was sat between Scott and Steve, both had been in California visiting Steve's side of the family so Scott needed all the details of Chris and Ana's trip to Texas.

"Sooooo..." Scott dragged out looking at Ana with a knowing smirk.

Ana scrunched her nose, "Soooo...what?"

"Did anything else interesting happen in Texas?"

Ana laughed, "Like what?" she raised her eyebrows at Scott.

Scott shrugged, "You've been glowing since you both returned. It makes me think something happened."

"Well, nothing did happen besides him meeting my family and a few close friends."

Scott glanced at Ana's still full wine glass before smirking at Ana.

"Okay, whatever you say."

Ana shook her head laughing. She noticed Chris rush toward the front door. She excused herself and followed him. She stopped just short of the porch as Chris was leering over someone on the ground. She was about to run towards him but was pulled back. She looked over her shoulder and noticed Scott. He shook his head at her.

"It's Jacob, just let Chris handle it."

"How do you know it's Jacob?"

"I saw him through the kitchen window."