Chapter 20.

The next morning, Tulisa was laying in bed with Danny. She had her back to him and she wasn't in his arms. She was in a bit of a snappy mood but of course, he knew why. She turned over and he looked at her and started to talk to her.

Danny: T, you alright?

Tulisa: Yeah I'm fucking marvellous.

Danny: Stupid question, given what you told me yesterday, sorry.

Tulisa: No, I'm sorry, you're just trying to help.

Danny: Yeah and going the wrong way about it.

Tulisa: Babe, it's fine, don't worry about it.

Danny: I'm worried about you.

Tulisa: I'm fine.

Danny: The girls need sorting out for school, so how about I do that, take them, come back and we can have a chat?

Tulisa: Yeah fine, whatever.

Danny: You don't have to?

Tulisa: I just said, fine whatever.

Danny: Maybe we should leave it for now.

Tulisa: Oh for God's sake Danny!

Danny: What?

Tulisa: if you're getting the girls ready for school, just go and fucking do it!

Danny: OK.

Danny understood why Tulisa was hurting, but her taking things out on him and hurting him wouldn't get them anywhere. He knew he couldn't change what had happened, but all he wanted was to be there for her and he couldn't because she wouldn't let him be there for her. He took the girls to school and was home half an hour later. Tulisa was on the sofa with a duvet flicking through the TV channels. Danny went and sat next to her, hoping she'd calmed down a bit and they could talk.

Danny: Can we have that talk now?

Tulisa: After. I just want to be left alone for now. You're starting to do my head in.

Danny: I'm just looking out for you.

Tulisa: No you're doing my head in. You can't change what's happened, you can never do that.

Danny: I know. I just want to be there for you.

Tulisa: Well then, please, just do what I'm asking and leave me alone. You can be there for me by doing what I ask of you.

 Danny: OK, well, I'll go out for a bit then, give you some space.

Tulisa: OK fine.

Danny went out to the local café to give Tulisa some space for a bit. He hoped that if he gave her an hour or two, she might want to talk to him. He got a drink and some food. He stayed out for an hour, before going home and Tulisa had just got out of the shower. She got dressed, dried her hair and got herself a drink. She sat back on the sofa and Danny started to speak before Tulisa interrupted him.

Danny: T, I...

Tulisa: If you're gonna try and get me to speak to you, don't bother. I will when I am ready.

Danny: OK fine. It's up to you then.

Tulisa: You already know what's wrong anyway, I told you last night.

Danny: Yeah and you've funny with me ever since.

Tulisa: You know what's wrong with me so leave it will you?

Danny: Look T, I know why you're being like this and I understand but pushing me away and being moody and snappy with me won't get you anywhere. 

Tulisa: Don't you DARE try and say you understand! If you understood, you'd know to back off a bit. Yeah I might be hurting you, but right now I don't really care! Your "pain" is NOTHING compared to what I've suffered for almost two whole fucking decades!