Chapter 21.

Two days later, Tulisa, Danny, Megan and Mia were at a family day out. They were having a picnic in a park. They got up early and got everything sorted for the picnic. Megan and Mia were upstairs brushing their teeth. Tulisa was sat on the sofa with her head in her hands. Danny sat next to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him and let out a slight smile.

Danny: Are you OK T?

Tulisa: Truthfully, no. I'll have to be for them two though.

Danny: I can take them by myself if you like?

Tulisa: No, we said we were all going to go.

Danny: Yeah but if you aren't up to it, there's nothing you can do.

Tulisa: I'll be OK, honestly.

Danny: Let me know if you want to talk yeah?

Tulisa: Yeah.

A couple of hours later, they were all at the park having their picnic. Tulisa tried to put on a brave face for Megan and Mia but it was practically impossible.

Megan: Why's Mum nearly crying?

Danny: T?

Tulisa: *wipes her eyes* I'm fine.

Mia: No you aren't. We aren't stupid.

Tulisa: I never said you were.

Megan: Well, don't treat us like we are then.

Danny: Don't speak to your Mother like that Megan, show some respect.

MIa: No, for once, she's got a point. Mum's spent the last week and a bit in bed and we've barely seen her. We come out for a picnic and she's nearly crying. Just tell us whatever's up with her. We aren't stupid. as you've gathered.

Danny: Maybe we should tell them T?

Tulisa: Not here. Let's just have the rest of the picnic eh?

Danny: Girls, take this money and go and get some ice cream.

Mia: That's adult talk for "go away"

Danny: Girls, please just do it.

Megan: Fine!

Tulisa waited until the girls were out of sight and she burst into tears. Danny wrapped his arms around her and cuddled her close to him. She sat up after a couple of minutes and Danny wiped her tears away.

Danny: Oh T.

Tulisa: It's all such a mess. 

Danny: Are you glad you told me what you've been keeping for all these years or do you regret it?

Tulisa: No, I'm glad I did. I had to, it was killing me.

Danny: How about we stay out for a bit and then we can go home after?

Tulisa: Yeah fine.

Megan and Mia came back a couple of minutes later with ice creams in tow. Tulisa stood up and went and sat by the little stream that was flowing through the park. She took her socks and shoes off and paddled her feet in it. Danny looked across and he could tell how sad she was. She was looking down at the stream, almost as though she wished it was deeper. She looked back up and looked across at Danny. She let out a little smile before turning back round.

Megan: Dad, seriously, she's freaking me out now.

Mia: Me too.

Danny: We'll tell you when we get home, we said that.