Chapter 18.

-In the UK-

A few days later, Ny sits down with Lewis and tells him she's pregnant. She did a test yesterday and she found out for sure. As she suspects, he reacts badly.

Lewis: Ny, we cannot have another baby! Madison is 11 in a couple of months and you know how we struggled with her!

Ny: This one might be different, Lew, we're older!

Lewis: I'm not doing it, I haven't got the patience now Ny!

Ny: I'll do it on my own then!

Madison hears the shouting and goes to see what her parents are shouting at.

Madison: You'll do what on your own?

Lewis: Your Mum's pregnant.

Madison: What?!

Lewis: See, even she doesn't want it!

Ny: Have you asked her? No you haven't!

Lewis: You can tell by the look on her face that she doesn't want another baby in the house!

Ny: Well, I'm not getting rid of this child so you two can either shut up or get out!

Lewis: Oh cause everything is about you isn't it?!

Ny: Right now, yeah!

 Lewis: We haven't got the patience for another child Ny!

Ny: Well, that's something I'm willing to find out!

Lewis: Well, you'll be doing it without me!

Ny: Fine, fuck off then!

Lewis: Swearing in front of the child you do have? Responsible parenting that is.

Ny: Oh shut up and get out!

Lewis: I'm going. Don't wait up will you?

Ny: I wasn't going to.

Lewis: Good.

Madison: Can the pair of you stop arguing for two minutes and think about the child you have right now, instead of that one that's not even here yet?

Ny: Yeah sorry Madison.

Madison: He's got a point though. If you struggled with me, how will you cope with that one?

Ny: I know. It's just, it's a baby, it's a part of me and your Dad and I can't and won't get rid of it. If he won't support me, there's not much I can do, but if he didn't want another one, he should of put something on the end of that.

Lewis: When did you think you might be pregnant?

Ny: A week and a bit ago.

Lewis: What and you never said?

Ny: I went to see Mercedes but we fell out. She thought I should talk to you but I knew you'd react like this and you'd go mad.

Lewis: I just don't see why we need another baby, we're both over 30 Ny. You're 31, nearly 32, I'm 32, nearly 33. We have Madison, who's gonna be a teenager in two years. Can we really cope with a teenager and a toddler?

Ny: Other people do it.

Lewis: Yes I know but we aren't other people.

Ny: So you don't think we should?

Lewis: It's up to you but I don't think we'll manage with a teenager and a toddler together.

Madison: I'll be able to help, though. I'll be a bit older.