Nine

Lyanna smiled as she walked over to her dear friend Emily. "So they know?"

"Yes, Lyanna, you need to get this for Stefan. Katherine is going to compel him to love her and not you."

Lyanna looked at Emily hurt and walked away. She thought her sister wouldn't do that, but she heard her. "I want you to kiss me..."

"Lyanna!" Elena said as her sister woke up with tear in her eyes. "What did you see?"

"Stefan being compelled." She tells her. "Lyanna's friend Emily warned her to use vervain, but she didn't do it till she actually heard her sister a few hours later."

"Oh my god."

"Elena, promise me that you will never hurt me."

"You know that I won't. I don't even see Stefan like that, but I'm willing to accept that he is a vampire for you. He makes you happy and has proven that he would never hurt you." Elena says. "I will never do that to you because I don't want to date and Stefan isn't my type."

Lyanna laughed as she hugged her sister. "I love you, Elena."

"I love you, Lyanna."
~~~
Lyanna was thinking about that flashback when Stefan promised forever. She wondered if she says that he would stay. Looking at the necklace had her sighing over the idea of losing Stefan hurt her the most.

"Promise me this is forever."

Lynna sighed as she knew that was the truth. She saw Bonnie walking causing her to follow the girl. "Bonnie, is something wrong?"

"Lyanna, I know that you've been seeing the past, but I was wondering if you know about this neck."

Bonnie showed the necklace to her causing a flashback, well, a memory a bit. "Emily's necklace. I don't know anymore besides that because what all I saw was her wearing that necklace before Lyanna died."

"Thank you." She said. "Let's go to class."

Lyanna nodded as she shut her locker. She had a bad feeling as to why Damon wants that necklace and why Bonnie keeps waking up at the old Fell Church. She never heard Lyanna ask about that necklace as Lyanna wasn't curious or out to cause trouble. There is a reason why Damon wants that necklace and she's going to find out why.
~~~
After school, Lyanna didn't go straight home, she called Stefan about the amulet. "Stefan, can you find out more about the amulet Bonnie has."

"Sure."

Lyanna went to say something, but didn't as she hung up. She sighed as she knew tonight wasn't going to go right. Even though her sister is willing to accept Stefan for her.
~~~
Later that night, Lyanna walked up to the door to see Bonnie. "Bonnie, are you okay?"

"Lyanna, it's so good to see you."

"Emily? What are you doing in Bonnie's body?"

"I can't let him have it. I can't have history repeating itself." Emily says causing Lyanna to grab her hand.

"I refuse to let you do this."

Emily smiled. "Still the same Lyanna."

Lyanna watched Emily leave causing her to follow. She didn't like this one bit and knew that necklace may be a key to something that Damon wants in. She didn't hear Elena as she was focused on following her best friend. She couldn't let Emily harm Bonnie. She protected a friend once before even if it wasn't her, she will always keep those that she cares for safe.
~~~
Arriving at the church, Lyanna watched as a circle of fire went around her and Bonnie. "Emily, you are making a mistake."

"No. The mistake I made was not saving you." Emily says. "I can't let him bring her back."

Lyanna didn't see Damon as Emily tossed the necklace up in the air and destroyed it. "No!"

The Gilbert girl watched as the fire disappeared causing her to grab Bonnie as Damon ran over to them. Bonnie screamed out as Damon bit Lyanna. "Lyanna!"

Damon dropped Lyanna shock. "Why did you save her?'

Stefan ran over to Lyanna and bit his wrist as Bonnie and Elena cried. Elena watched as the bite disappeared. Lyanna gasped and looked at Stefan. "Why did you do that?"

"I'll always protect those I love." She said as Elena and Bonnie knew the two needed to talk.

"I'm leaving." Stefan tells her causing Lyanna's heart break.

"Elena told me that she accepts you because of me. Don't leave because of Damon."

"Lyanna, I can't lose you again. I'm doing this to protect you."

Lyanna watched as he started walking away. She knew she had to say some. "You promised Lyanna forever." She said causing Stefan to stop. "I will always protect the people I love just like Lyanna did." She walked over to him. "You leave me, then you broke your promise. Not to me, but to the first Lyanna."

"Lyanna, you may see her past or that you look like her, but you are Lyanna Gilbert." He said. "You are so different from Lyanna Pierce."

"Please don't leave."

Stefan looked at Lyanna as she stood in her spot with tears. He walked over and kissed her one last time. "It's to keep you safe. I refuse to lose you again."

Lyanna started crying as Stefan left. Damon looked at her and knew that this didn't just hurt Lyanna, but Stefan. Elena walked over to her sister, but Lyanna ran off. She wasn't going home. She felt like dying all over again. Elena looked at Bonnie. "He shouldn't leave because of this."

"No, but how do we convince that he needs to stay for Lyanna."

"Easy. Lyanna needs to confess her feelings to him to get him to stay."

Bonnie nodded as they left. "What about Lyanna?'

"I'm going to search for her. If I can't find her, I'll have Stefan hunt her down."

Bonnie nodded as they left.