Twenty six

Katherine couldn't believe that she was staring at her sister sleeping with Stefan. She was happy to see them together because she screwed up her relationship with her sister once before by compelling Stefan and now that she has a second chance, she was going to make things right. Walking to Lyanna, she touched her head to show her how sorry she was.

Crying could be heard causing Lyanna to follow to see Katherine crying in a garden. "Katherine?" She heard and looked to see Damon and some other guy. "Are you okay?"

"No. My sister is dead because of me!" She cried out. "I did something to Stefan knowing he was only in love with my sister and I made him kiss me!"

"Why would she kill herself over Stefan? She is a very beautiful woman."

Katherine looked at Damon. "Because Stefan made her feel like her old self. The one I knew and I ruined it all because of  jealousy. I knew Stefan loved my sister and she loved him and look at what I have done! She killed herself because of me!"

Lyanna stood shock as this was something she never knew about. "I felt so guilty that day and continued with the guilt till I heard about a reincarnation."

"You compelled a man that wasn't yours and yet, you cried because of what you done. Did you even think of how Stefan felt?" Lyanna asked as she looked at her. "You are nothing but a jealous bitch who couldn't have both brothers. I don't know the pain Stefan went through because he hasn't showed me yet.

Waking up, Lyanna looked behind her to see Katherine who held tears in her eyes. "You're alive."

"Stefan, honey, wake up."

"What?"

"Katherine's here."

Stefan woke up and looked to see Katherine staring at his girlfriend.
~~~
"Why are you here?"

"For my second chance with my sister." She stated. "I screwed up the moment I compelled you to kiss me and I ruined everything. Lyanna killed herself for what I have done."

"She was trying to get you killed too." Lyanna stated. "She told Johnathan Gilbert all about the two of you and the others. She was doing one thing that she thought would protect Stefan. Ridding the town of vampires."

"Her way of payback for what I have done." She says. "I'm here now to prove to you that I will never get in the way of you and Stefan. He loves you just as much as he did then."

"Katherine, what is the real reason?"

"Have you told her what you did when you found out Lyanna died?"

Lyanna looked at him as Stefan felt horrible for what he was about to do. Placing his hands on the side of her head, Stefan let her see what happened.
~~~
Stefan locked himself up in his room holding onto Lyanna's necklace as he mourned. "I hate her so much, Lyanna." He cried. "She ruined everything for us. I had plans to marry you, for you to turn me, everything. I wanted a life with you and now it's gone. I'll never get you back, baby. All because of Katherine. I hope she dies."

Lyanna looked at Stefan hurt as she never knew the actual pain he suffered. "Stefan..."
~~~
"I have searched for you after Emily told me you would be reborn, yes, I turned my humanity off, but I can't remember much, but I was on the hunt for you. I had to see if Emily was right and that faithful night, I got to see the woman I love again, but she wasn't the same girl as she was back then." He tells her wiping the tears off her face. "Lyanna Gilbert, I love you so much and I will never let anyone destroy us again. You are my life, my home, my heart."

Lyanna smiled. "Thank you for showing me that."

Katherine smiled at them. "I'm going to go, but I will be here because I'm going to make things right. Even if you are Elena's sister."

"Wait?" She called out causing Katherine to look at her as Elena stood shock. "What is the real reason why you are really here?"

"Danger is coming." She stated as she looked at Elena. "She's not just your sister now."

Elena watched Katherine leave before Lyanna hugged Elena. "She is not my sister. You are."

"Always will be." She says pulling her back. "Why is she back?"

"She wants to make things right for her and Lyanna. She believe that she has her second chance now that Lyanna is reborn."

Elena looked at her sister shock. "Katherine lost her chances. She will not get that chance with my sister." Elena says looking at Lyanna. "Do you want to stay the night here?"

Lyanna nodded as she needed Stefan at the momennt. She ran to Stefan who hugged her. Kissing her head, Stefan made a promise. "I will make sure to keep you safe, baby. Promise."

I made it different.