I Don't Have Any Friends

Liam was currently in the passenger seat of Theo's black truck. They were heading away from the preserve and back to Liam's house. Neither had said anything since the strange encounter with the alphas. Liam couldn't smell the chemosignals, but he could tell that Theo was upset, regardless of his calm heart rate.

"Do you know them?" Liam asked after a minute.

Theo glanced over at him. "No."

Liam nodded. "Do you know what they want with you?" he asked.

"No," Theo replied. Liam sighed. This would take forever if all he'd give were one-word answers.

"How did they know about what you did?" Liam asked, attempting to be delicate about the phrasing. That returned him a glare in response.

"How the hell should I know?" Theo asked, voice dripping poison.

Liam shrugged. "I just thought maybe she was a friend of yours."

Theo laughed bitterly. "I don't have any friends, Liam."

That cut Liam a little. He had thought they had grown closer after everything that had happened. If he wasn't Theo's friend, why would he have asked him to live with him? Of course, they were friends. "I wonder what they want."

Theo gave a small nod. "Me too."

-----

"He deserves a pack," M said when the other pack was gone. "and it should be ours."

"It will be," Isaac assured her. "Don't worry about it, Megan."

She nodded. She knew her plan would work out.

-----

"Isaac, really?" Stiles asked from the phone.

"Yes, really." Derek sighed.

"Wow. I thought he was still in Paris."

"Yeah, so did I."

"Huh. At least he got himself a girlfriend after Allison. And he's an Alpha now, you said?"

"Yes. Red eyes and everything." Derek said.

"Is that even possible? Without killing an Alpha?" Stiles asked, sounding a little concerned.

Derek shrugged. "It's possible. If they're mates and she's a born wolf." He explained. "It's rare, but it happens."

"Cool," Stiles said, mentally making a note of it. "and she said she wants to talk to you, Parrish and Theo?" he asked.

"Yes, but I'm not sure why."

"Well," Stiles paused. "The only thing you have in common I can think of is that you're all technically not pack." He said, hating the way the words sounded. Derek should be pack and not just an honorary member. Stiles was in the pack, and he wasn't even a werewolf, for fuck's sake.

Derek paused. Maybe that was it. "She did mention something about that." He recalled.

"What's her name again?" Stiles asked. Derek could hear him booting up his computer.

"She just said her name was 'M'," he said. "Maybe if you look up Isaac, you may find something that way?" he suggested.

"Ah, sourwolf, you're so smart sometimes!" he said; Derek blushed and was happy no one was home, or he'd never hear the end of it. Malia had moved in a while ago to get to know her father better, and she and Peter were currently out somewhere doing some kind of 'bonding activity'.

"Don't call me that! I hate it when you call me that!" Derek lied.

"Nah, you love it!" Stiles said. Derek blushed a deeper shade of red. Before he could argue, though, Stiles' voice said, "I think I got something. Isaac Lahey, 25, found... Woah."

"What is it?" Derek asked, concerned. "Found what?"

"Dead. With his throat slashed." Stiles said. Derek was horrified. What the hell? How was that possible? Had Isaac faked his death?

"If Isaac's dead, then who's in Beacon Hills?" Derek asked.

"I don't know," Stiles said. "Scotland Yard said the body was found in his apartment. The doors and windows were all locked. No evidence of a break-in. No evidence that anyone had even been in the apartment aside from him."

Derek was more confused than ever. How was any of this possible? "Are they sure it was him?" he asked.

"The dental records matched. Here, I'll see if I can send you the autopsy report." Stiles told him. Derek nodded, even though he knew Stiles couldn't see him.

"We need to tell Scott now," Derek said. Stiles agreed, and they hung up. Derek called Scott and told him everything they now knew. Scott called in for another pack meeting that night.