Convincing Derek

Theo woke with a start. His nightmares had returned with a vengeance. He opened his eyes and felt them glowing. He glanced at his hand and noticed the claws digging into his palm, a bad habit he'd picked up from Liam. Liam, shit he thought to himself. He looked around the room and felt his heart rate increase as he realized he didn't recognize the room or the scents.

"You ok?" A voice to his left asked. He barely subdued himself from scratching the guy.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He said as he pulled the blanket higher.

"It's always hard the first night. It gets easier over time." Ben said.

"Thanks." He replied.

"Nightmares, huh?" Ben asked him.

He looked over at him. "Why do you ask?" He asked, putting away his claws and making sure his eyes were no longer glowing. He gave him a sympathetic smile before Theo felt his left hand being lifted. He wrinkled his brow before realizing what had happened. He glanced down to see their hands clasped together. He immediately let go of Ben's hand to see the skin of Ben's knuckles knit themselves back together. "Sorry." He whispered.

"It's alright. You should have seen the scratch I gave Megan the first night I turned. It was pretty bad." He chuckled. Theo raised a brow at his odd behaviour. Ben shrugged. "She healed fast and laughed about it with me." He spoke.

Theo nodded. "Right."

"Yeah. Like I said, it's a pretty normal situation. New scents can be pretty overwhelming for normal people, let alone werewolves."

"Definitely. You mentioned that Megan turned you. Have you been with her this whole time?" He asked, thinking that this was as good a time as any to get information.

"Yep. Megan and I practically started this pack." He beamed.

"So, you were with them in Paris?"

"Yeah. I still don't know why we left to be honest with you, but it was probably for the best."

"So, you don't know about the guy in Isaac's apartment?" He asked.

"Uh, no?" He replied, making it seem more like a question than an answer. "There was a guy in Isaac's apartment?"

"Yeah. Stiles, Scott's contact in the FBI, told us that Isaac was found dead in his apartment with his throat slashed, but obviously, Isaac's fine so."

"Wow. Holy shit." Ben said, processing. "So, either Isaac isn't who he says he is, or he faked his death by using another body?"

"Yeah. But I talked to Derek, Isaac's old alpha, and he told me that he'd taken Isaac here to his house when he was still in his pack."

"Right, yeah. Isaac's the one who led us here."

Theo nodded. "Right, so obviously that's the real Isaac then. And I'd imagine Megan would be smart enough to notice if something had happened to her co-alpha."

"Like a body snatchers situation." Ben nodded. "Yeah, she'd definitely notice. They've been together about four years now. They practically finish each other's thoughts."

"Right." Theo nodded.

"How exactly did they find the body? Like was it posed or anything like that? Anything to suggest who did it?"

"No," Theo shook his head. "The doors and windows were all locked, and nobody saw anyone enter or leave aside from Isaac. As far as I know, the body was just on the floor, and the cops had no suspects. They would probably have considered it self inflicted if it hadn't been the weird method."