013,

EPISODE EIGHTthe mind flayer

EPISODE EIGHT
the mind flayer.

NOVA KNEW she would be in trouble when her and max finally got home, her father and susan would've definitely got home by now and billy would've definitely been forced to take the blame.

"so you're positive that was dart?" lucas asked for the millionth time as dustin huffed. "yes! he had the exact same yellow pattern on his butt."

nova raised a brow and shared a look with max.

"he was tiny two days ago." max spoke up, dustin shrugged, "well, he's molted three times already."

"you mean malted?" steve spoke, dustin frowned, shaking his head. "molted. shed his skin to make room for growth hornworms."

"when's he gonna molt again?" nova spoke up as dustin shrugged, "it's gotta be soon. when he does, he'll be fully grown. or close to it. and so will his friends."

"yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." steve almost scoffed as they all stopped.

"it ate a cat?" nova exclaimed in shock, eyes wide.

"dart ate a cat?" lucas asked in the same tone as dustin widened his eyes. "no, what?! no!"

"what are you talking about? he ate mews." steve said with a frown and nova widened her eyes.

"mews? what is a mews?" max asked, her nose scrunched up in confusion.

"it's dustins cat." steve shrugged as if it was obvious and not anything serious.

"steve!" dustin yelled accusingly.

lucas smacked dustins hat, "i knew it! you kept him!" he exclaimed.

"no!" dustin yelled, then realised he was literally lying. "...no. no, i...no..."

dustin sighed, "he missed me! he wanted to come home!" he defended as nova groaned in annoyance.

"bullshit!" lucas pointed his finger at dustin.

"i didn't know he was a demogorgon, okay?" dustin sighed. "oh, so now you admit it?" lucas argued.

"guys, shut up. who cares? we have to go." nova huffed, bored and tired of their arguments.

"i care! you put the party in jeopardy! you broke the rule of law!" lucas argued back as nova rolled her eyes.