CHAPTER 13 - BINX

I sit on my bed, hugging my knees to my chest as my dripping hair rests on my back, soaking through my shirt. I had showered and changed into my pyjamas, my legs suddenly cold now as I cover my shorts with my duvet, trying to warm up.

I had been sat here for twenty minutes now, dazed as I held the ring on the chain around my neck, closing my eyes and pretending all this was a nightmare. A nightmare that I would soon wake up from.

I'm brought back to reality when I hear a knock on my door. And I wait, afraid to answer it but sighing in relief when I hear a familiar voice.

"Miss?"

I get out of bed, opening the door to see Milly stood there. She stands with a big smile on her face, as she speaks. "I have a surprise for you Miss."

I frown, confused as she bends down behind the wall to pick up something. I gasp in shock when she shows me.

"Binx?" I laugh as he meows, jumping out of her arms and running to me, rubbing his head on my ankle.

"Oh my god," I bend down to pick him up and he nestles his face into my cheek, cuddling me to show me that he'd missed me.

I look at Milly as she watches us with a grin.

"Milly, how did you..?"

"I went back to Hogwarts to retrieve the last of your stuff, and I found him waiting for you on your bed." She says, happily. "Your friend Ella said she's been looking after him."

I feel tears spring to my ears when I hear this - I couldn't believe she had brought Binx back to me. After all, he was the only thing I had left that I loved so much and I didn't think I was going to ever see him again.

"You did that for me?" I whisper in disbelief and she laughs nervously as Binx jumps out of my hands and runs to my bed, drifting off to sleep.

"Oh no Miss, really it was nothing-"

I cut her off as I hug her tightly, and I can tell she's surprised by the way she gasps. After a quick second, she holds me back in her embrace and I smile as I pull away.

"Thank you so much Milly."

She swings with her hands behind her back, blushing now. "Of course Miss," she says. "It's the least I could do after the way you've treated me." I listen, raising my eyebrows as she continues. "I mean..." she drifts off and I know she doesn't want to say anything bad about Lucius, she was far too scared.

"You treated me like one of your own, that's all."

I smile happily, "You are one of my own, Milly. You're my friend."

She nods, trying and failing to hide her big grin.

"Will you be coming down for dinner?" She asks curiously and I sigh.

"Do I have a choice?"

Milly bites her lip, her big eyes full of guilt. "I am afraid Master insists."

I take in a deep breath, realising it was pointless to say no. "Okay, I'll be down in a minute."

She nods before rushing away, down the stairs and into the dining room. I turn around, glancing at Binx as he purrs in his sleep, curled up comfortably on my pillow as he nuzzles his black furry head further into the covers, his small paws stretched out before him. I sigh, leaving the room and closing the door behind me.

When I enter the dining room, the first thing I notice is the silence. It was deafening.

I quietly take my seat beside Lucius and I feel him stare at me but I don't dare to look up, staring at my hands on my lap instead. Draco sits opposite me, glaring at me in fury before turning his attention back to his food.

A plate of pasta appears in front of me and I don't want to eat, but I feel my stomach almost crying in hunger so I pick up my fork and begin.

As we sit in silence, I don't realise I've actually stopped eating, moving my fork around my plate instead as I stare into the corner of the room, dazed.

I'm awoken from my trance when Draco suddenly drops his fork loudly on the table, causing me and Lucius to look at him. "How much longer must we have to have dinner with her?" He says, glaring at me but I can tell he's speaking to his father.

Lucius suddenly drops his fork in anger too, glaring back at his son. "A lot longer, considering she is my wife and your stepmother," he growls, and I shiver from the fury I can sense in his voice.

"My stepmother?" Draco scoffs. "She's not capable of caring for anyone else. She only cares about her own needs," he hisses.

"And I will not accept a mere slut as my mother," he says, and I stare into his eyes as he says it, feeling no emotions whatsoever.

I had given up when it came to trying. It seemed that was all I ever did.

I can tell Lucius loses it though as he slams his fist on the table in anger, causing me and Draco to jump in fright.

"Leave," he says in a low voice. And I look to Draco in fear as he watches his father. When he doesn't go, Lucius shouts, "Now!"

His voice booms, echoing through the house and Draco clenches his jaw, standing from his seat abruptly. He looks straight at me, "I hope you're happy."

And with that he leaves, pushing his chair out of his way and storming out, up to his room.

I stare after him in guilt, feeling my insides start to churn. It wasn't Draco's fault he was like this - of course he thought I wanted this, because which other girl my age didn't? I had heard girls in his own year were asking him about his father just after the divorce was announced and of course that wasn't easy for a young teenage boy to be dealing with.

But I had to prove to him that I wasn't one of those girls. And that this marriage was disapproved by me just as much as it was by him.

I turn to Lucius angrily, furious about the way he had shouted at Draco when he merely gives me a glance, looking away almost as quickly.

I scoff, pushing back my chair and leaving the room, going upstairs and roaming the hallways.

I hear a frustrated growl from behind one of the doors and something crash as it breaks into pieces. I figure that must be the one as I approach it, lifting my hand as I take a deep breath and turn the handle.