CHAPTER 52 - A LOVERS CONFESSION

Panting helplessly, Lucius runs through the hospital, desperately pushing past the nurses in his way. "Sarah!" He shouts as he gets to the ward, rushing forward to the door.

"Move, Move- get out of the way!" He booms angrily, pushing through the few doctors that had gathered outside the door, trying to pry it open. They move aside, letting him through and he yanks on the handle, but it doesn't move an inch.

"It's been spelled. It can only be opened from the inside," one of the Doctors tell him, causing Lucius to glare at him angrily before turning away.

He tries again and again, banging loudly on the door with his fist.

"Sarah!"

* * *

I stare straight ahead, into his eyes and I feel my heart beat faster, an overwhelming feeling of panic washing over me.

For the first time in 6 years, I didn't recognise those eyes.

I stay deadly still, breathing heavily as I listen to Lucius on the other side of the door, beating it with his fists. I didn't even notice it was locked.

"Sarah! Sarah, are you alright?" Lucius shouts desperately, stopping his violent bashes for a moment.

I gulp. "I'm fine, Lucius," I say, trying to stay calm.

"Is Silas in there with you?" Lucius asks in a panic, and I turn, glancing at my baby. He's sat up against the pillows on the hospital bed, playing with his teddy, oblivious to his surroundings. I hadn't even noticed I was covering him protectively. "He's alright," I tell Lucius, moving my glance from my son. "He's okay."

I hear a small scoff, causing me to look up. "Oh yes, Silas. Your perfect little son. I had forgotten he was here," he smirks and I feel a sickness in my stomach.

Suddenly, there's another storm of blows from the other side of the door, Lucius trying his hardest to break through as he shouts. "Theo! Open this door!"

I shake my head, standing and going to open the door when his hand grips my wrist tightly, pulling me back. "Theo, what are you doing?"

"You won't leave me again, Sarah. Not this time."

I frown in confusion when Lucius starts pounding harder on the door, startling Silas as he begins to cry. I feel an utter sense of fear unravel in my heart, spreading through me.

And by the sounds of it, so does Lucius.

"Theo, don't you dare touch either of them! Just leave them alone!"

I turn to my baby as he cries, his arms open for me to take him. But I'm pulled back once more. So harshly, my front hits his chest and he pulls me in tighter, his hand resting on the small of my back.

"Theo please, he's crying..." I say quietly, and his hold on my wrist tightens.

"Leave him, Sarah."

I stare into his eyes, afraid for my child if I didn't listen. I nod.

"Sarah! Silas! For fucks sake, let me in!" Lucius booms, and I feel my eyes start to well up with tears.

"Theo, why are you doing this?" I ask, the fear evident in my shaken voice. He merely smiles, leaning in until his lips are ghosting over mine.