CHAPTER 25 - FUNERAL

It's a cold day in November.

The clouds huddle together, looking down from above as the rain falls heavily upon the earth, in thick, hard raindrops. The sky changes to a dark grey, reflecting the mood and the sun stays hidden behind the misty clouds, as if frightened to come out.

The rain batters the manor walls, almost as though it's fighting to get in. The air is thick with fog. Fog which I could happily lose myself in right now.

Disappear forever.

I watch it all from my bedroom window.

I watch the fog roll over the land, engulfing the manor grounds. I watch the rain fall hard from above, hitting the ground like a thousand daggers. I watch as the world carries on, without him.

Like nothing has happened.

I rest my head against the cold window, the rain harshly hitting the glass but I don't flinch. Not once.

A knock on my door awakens me from my trance yet I stay still, making no effort to move a muscle.

The door opens slowly after another unanswered knock, and Milly stands there helplessly in the hallway, holding a black dress in her tiny hands.

"Miss..?"

I still do not move, staring outside, waiting for something. Anything.

Milly walks in slowly, placing the dress on my bed.

"I-I brought you your outfit for today, Miss." She says in her squeaky voice. She turns to look around, staring at the plates of untouched food, the mugs of cold tea and the empty pill bottles.

"It is important to look after your health miss," she says gently. "To keep the baby healthy too."

I feel nothing.

No worry for my baby. No worry for myself.

I just wanted all this to end.

A sudden noise rings out from behind me. The sound of apparation. I hear Milly whimper, leaving the room quickly and closing the door. But I still don't move.

"Sarah, my dear..."

I hear the familiar snake-like voice.

I smell the familiar scent of smoke and ash.

I turn around slowly, my eyes meeting the pale blue ones that I had not seen in a long time. And was certainly not expecting to see anytime soon.

He smiles as I stand, facing him with confidence.

"How are you?" He asks, his gentle voice sounding nothing more than a threat.

I don't answer, staring into his eyes with the utmost anger I feel in me. I knew that if I could, I would murder the man on the spot.

He stares back, and I watch the realisation slowly come to him, his smile fading.

"I know what you are thinking," he says, petting Nagini as she slithers beside him, hissing at me quietly. "But I am afraid you are wrong."

I don't say a word, waiting for him to speak.

"I did not kill your father, dear girl," he says. "I gave you my word, and I remain faithful to it."

I stare into his soulless eyes, realising he was telling the truth. It was a gift I was blessed with from birth. Not in a magical way, but I could always tell when someone was lying or telling the truth. In my 18 years of life, I had never been wrong.

"Who did it to him?" I ask, my heart breaking as I think of his worried eyes, the panic he felt before taking his last breath.

"I do not know," Voldermort replies. "I did not order the attack."