CHAPTER 27 - FENRIR GREYBACK

Lucius sits at the long table in silence, lost in his thoughts as Voldermort speaks to them all, handing out the next tasks to every death eater.

He sits between Bellatrix and Fenrir Greyback - the half beast half man. There is an empty seat between Lucius and Fenrir - Sarah's seat. Which had been left empty for weeks now.

She had shut herself off again after her fathers funeral, keeping away from the world and everyone in it. Lucius knew how much she hated the death eater meetings being held in their home, but there was nothing to do. After all, it was the dark lords will.

Sarah never considered herself a death eater, and she never would be.

Voldermort turns to Lucius, his frightening voice sounding out. "No Sarah, again?"

Lucius gulps a little, facing his master.

"She has not left her room for days, my lord. She is still grieving," he says, quietly and Voldermort nods once. Fenrir chuckles lowly but Lucius ignores it.

"I will speak with her," he says, going to leave when Lucius stops him.

"My lord," Lucius calls out, stopping Voldermort in his tracks as he turns slowly. "Might it be better..." he trails off, wondering if he should say it. "To leave her be," he finishes, every death eater turning to look at him in shock.

"It is not that I don't trust your better judgment my lord, but she is hurt. And she has done what you have asked of her," he continues, praying to Merlin he gets to keep his life.

Wait- why was he doing this? He hated the girl and yet here he was, trying to protect her.

The words had come out of his mouth before he could stop himself - and he didn't understand why.

Voldermort stares at him in silence, Lucius waiting to be hit by the familiar streak of green light when surprisingly, he nods. "You are right, Lucius. She is not a death eater, after all."

Lucius lets out a sigh of relief subtly, nodding to his superior.

"Yeah, and neither was her father that's for sure," Fenrir barks, him and bellatrix howling with laughter. "I say good riddance," he snarls, a few more death eaters laughing along with him.

Lucius turns to face Fenrir, glaring at him as his mind whirs with conflicting thoughts.

"Report back to me before the day is over," Voldermort tells his followers and they all nod, before he disappears in a wisp of smoke.

Everyone gets up to leave, leaving Lucius alone in the room as he sits quietly, thinking hard.

He gets up, leaving the room and making his way into the foyer, ascending the staircase and roaming the halls. He finds himself stood in front of her door, his fist raised as he goes to knock.

No answer.

He knocks once more and again, he is met with silence.

"Sarah," he calls, but she does not respond.

He sighs heavily, stepping back.

"I will avenge him," he whispers, his eyes suddenly turning murderous as he takes out his wand, leaving the hallway and descending the stairs.

He closes his eyes, focusing on where to apparate to.

And within a moment, he is gone.

* * *

Snow falls heavily upon the ground, creating a thick layer on the surface. The street lamps turn on in the dark evening atmosphere, casting a dim spot of light upon the icy roads. All that can be heard is the hustle of people rushing to get home, pubs closing their doors for the night and people shouting their goodbyes to each other across the street and then... silence.