Chapter 17

»And you're sure that you want that?« Josy asked for the 20th time. I just grinned.

»I am« I admitted again and opened the glass door to the tattoo studio I had the appointment at.

»But that's massive« She reminded me, I just rolled my eyes.

»I already have one of my forearms tattooed and now I want the second. I don't get your problem« I said and drew my attention to the young man behind the counter.

»Christina McAddams, I have an appointment« I told him. He smiled and went around the counter.

»Follow me« He said and went ahead.

The tattoo artist who already did my first tattoo stood up to greet my with a hug.

»It took some time but I hope that I can fulfill your pleasures« he said what made me laugh. He turned around to get his iPad. Josy and I sat down and waited for him to show me his draft.

»All the way up from your hand to your neck?« Josy asked shocked. The artist and I started laughing.

I chose a geometric pattern that would go from the back of my hand up to my shoulder but there would also be a crack from my thumb to my ear.

He started getting ready as I laid down on the chair. I placed my arm on the armrest. He put on the stencil while Josy still seemed to be unconvinced.

»Oh come on, Josy. It's my body. Or are you just jealous?« I teased her. She grunted.

»Jealous« She snorted. I started laughing.

»Dex?« I asked addressed to him. The artist looked up.

»When do you have another appointment?« I asked what made him smile.

»Just ask on the counter and they will give you an appointment« He said.

»Another question. May I take a instagram story and tag you in?« I asked and smile charming.

»Sure« He replied.

He finally started tattooing, meanwhile, Josy was busy with her phone. I stared on my left arm with the varying demons and the word 'Sinner' tattooed on. On my upper thigh were some dark roses visible. I got them tattooed there together with birth and death date of my mom. I just wore hotpants because of the heat and a sports bra so Dex was able to reach all the skin he had to tattoo.

The most hurting parts were my Hand and my neck. I almost crushed Josy's hand when Dex tattooed that sections.

»Heather will hate you« Josy said what made me laugh. After she actually stood up to make an appointment she was way more relaxed.

»That's what I'm aiming for« I replied.

The foil crackled every time I moved my arm. Fortunately, Josy took the money out of my wallet to pay. My arm was nearly numb so I was not really able to move it.

Josy also drove me home where we entered my room to spend the afternoon together until my dad had finished his work. We wanted to talk about the album cover later and Josy had to be there too as she helped recording it.

»Lets see what's on YouTube about you« She said and opened YouTube on the tv in my room.

»Probably nothing« I replied and leaned back. She took her phone out.

»That's wrong« She corrected me and started a playlist she made full of videos about the band or me. I watched them carefully and leaned forward concentrated.

»They are still thinking I'm fucking one of the White Errants members and that I will take Toby's place permanently« I determined and rolled my eyes.

»Didn't Wyatt corrected that several times?« She wondered what I admitted.

»He did but nobody believes him.«

»I actually wonder why Heather did not realize anything about all that« Josy laughed. I did also.

»Me too. How can someone be that unworldly to not realize anything. The only reason can be that she is just interested in herself« I replied and shrugged my shoulders.

I took my phone and opened Instagram.

»White Errants released the song today« I realized when I saw the post on top of my feed. I immediately reposted it and watched the likes going up.

»Why didn't you tell me there's a video?« Josy asked and pointed at my tv where she found the music video. My face went red.

She clicked on the video which showed Wyatt and me. I did not want to see me on the 50" Tv so I read the comments.

»Mostly positive. The people like the style« I said and smiled widely.

»And some people think you're hot« Josy added laughing. I wanted to elbow her side but she sat on the right side of me so I couldn't.

My door opened and dad entered the room.

»The video got great right?« Dad asked proudly and smiled.

»It is« Josy admitted and stood up to greet him. Even though they knew each other for years she was still like a stranger in this house and greeted dad politely with a handshake every time.

»That's fucking huge« Dad determined when he realized my new tattoo.

»Told ya« I reminded him and smiled. We sat down on the dining table to talk about the album cover and the name as I did not know how it should be called.

»Traitor« I suggested. Dad and Josy looked at me surprisedly.

»Why 'Traitor'?« Dad asked and raised one of his eyebrows.

»Starting a solo career without telling the leader of the band you are still part of is actually kinda treacherous« I explained.

Because we haven't had a better idea yet we decided on using that name firstly but we would replace it when we had any better suggestion.

The cover was another thing we had no idea for until Josy showed something she drew in her spare time. Dad decided on revise it a bit to make a real album cover out of this outline. I was so glad to have both of them. Without them I would not be at that point I was at.