Chapter 36

I woke up early, even before Josy was awake. I felt bad again so I took the little back with makeup and other stuff and the clothes for the day out of my bag and went to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me to get ready.

When I had dressed up I looked at me in the mirror. I almost wore the same outfit as yesterday, I just changed from a crop top to a crop t-shirt and wore a short skirt instead of long pants. I decided on my high boots again but I would put in on when we arrived at the studio.

I already did my makeup but I still looked very tired and I also felt tired. Evelyn's sofa were not very comfortable and my back hurt.

I got the caffeine pills out of the bag and looked at it before I took one of it. I did not like coffee at all so I got caffeine from another source.

When I came out of the bathroom, Evelyn already stood in the kitchen and prepared breakfast. Josy was still sleeping but we had to be at the studio soon so I woke her up.

Evelyn had a very stressful job and had late layer today so she would not get up before 12pm. Josy also got ready while I drank a cup of tea.

»Owen showed me one of your recordings« Evelyn started a conversation and took a sip from her mug filled with coffee. I nodded absently.

»I did not expect you to like that kind of music« She added. I had to smile.

»You did not expect? Oh come on, Evelyn. Just look at me« I laughed. She also started laughing.

»Why are you even here? You just said that you needed a place to sleep at« She asked. I thought about telling her the truth but I did not know if she would tell dad. On the other side, he would know about the record anyway as soon as the song was released.

»Recording a song together with another band« I explained and smiled proudly. She seemed excited.

»Is the band famous?« She asked.

»It's my favorite band, I don't know if you know them but I won't tell you either« I teased her and emptied the mug in my hand.

»The band you've been at a concert by when you've been here last time?« She asked. I tried to keep a poker face but I did not succeed. She squeaked loudly and seemed as excited as I was.

»Just promise me to not tell dad« I replied smiling.

Josy finally came back so we said goodbye to Evelyn and left her apartment. I drove to the studio and parked on the parking lot. The van was already here and Sam cleared out the car. Josy and I got off mine and joined them, Josy with the case filled with her guitar in her hand, me already with the boots on.

I pulled the cardigan I wore over my shoulders again before helping to get the instruments inside and build up everything.

The recording went by faster than expected. The time flew by so it was like 10 minuted until we stood outside again, packing all the equipment into the van again. When I looked at my phone I realized that it had actually been several hours, breaks and a technical problem included.

We had dinner together before we were heading towards the club Kieran wanted to go today. Dad's white coupé stood in the underground garage at Ash's penthouse and he hired someone to drive us to the club.

I felt like a real celebrity when a driver picked us up from the building Ash lived in. I sat next to Josy for the drive that would not take very long.

»Fuck« I heard ash saying when we arrived at the club and he looked outside the window.

»What's wrong?« I asked. I could not see what was outside the window since they were darkened.

»I hate paparazzi« Kieran grunted. My eyes widened. Were there actually paparazzi outside the car?

Sam now looked at Josy and me and started smiling.

»We are walking through the crowd as confident as possible. Just ignore them« He said. We both nodded. The door was opened and we got off the car one after the other. The flashlight was blinding me while I just wanted to follow Josy inside but Ash in front of her was stopped by an interviewer. The woman asked several questions but Ash did not answer any of them.

»If you want an interview with me, get in touch with my manager« He replied an continued his way to get inside the club.

We were immediately guided to a private area of the club which was located upstairs. It was a room with one wall made of glass so you could see the dancing crowd down there. Some seating areas were at some spots in that room. Opposite to the door in were a bar which were not occupied. You could also hear the music up here.

»No bartender?« Josy asked when she also realized the empty bar.

»Nope, we can use it as we want« Kieran explained and immediately got there to mix some drinks. I watched him doing it while I stood in the middle of the room purposeless.

»Can they see us?« I asked when I looked down at the main area of the club.

»Nope, the glass is mirrored« Patrick replied and handed me one of the just mixed drinks. I took a sip and started smiling.

Josy left the room the find the restroom so I was alone with the band.

»Don't you want to take off the jacket?« Kieran asked me and reached out his hand to take it.

»Uhm... No, it's okay« I stuttered. I did not want to show what was hidden underneath it, that was the only purpose I wore it.

»Come on, it's pretty warm in here« He insisted and tried to take off my jacket. When he actually saw my arm he froze. I released my arm from his grab and put the jacket back on properly.

Kieran turned around towards Ash who was drinking from his drink in that moment.

»What the fuck is wrong with you? Enough that you're addicted. Why have you made her too?« Kieran yelled at Ash whose eyes widened. I also did not know that I was still taking it.

»I told her that it's her responsibility« Ash replied and stood up from the sofa.

»It's not his fault« I admitted.

»Where did you even get it?« Ash asked angrily. I looked down onto my feet.

»I've got people for that« I replied.

»Wonderful« Kieran commented sarcastically.

»Please just promise to not tell Josy about it« I begged.

The mood was down after that and I hated me for that. When Josy returned everyone pretended to be happy but nobody was, just Josy since she did not know anything.