Chapter 41

I closed my suitcase when I finally finished packing it. Dad already waited in the hallway for me to bring me and Josy to the airport. This would be my first flight with a private jet. Wyatt said that they had some space left so we did not have to fly with a normal flight even though dad would have paid us first class tickets for the flight.

I mostly were glad that we would take a private jet without specific checks to Indiana since I was absolutely scared of a drug test.

Dad put my suitcase into the trunk and I added my backpack I also had with me. We picked up Josy who was already waiting outside for us. Dad helped her also before she sat down on the back seat.

»I'm so excited« She squeaked and smiled widely.

»Me too« I admitted and also smiled.

It took some time until we finally arrived. Dad was not able to get us any nearer to the terminal we would meet Hollie, so Josy and I had to enter through one of the main entrances and walk a bit.

We both took our suitcases and other bags and said goodbye to dad.

»Take care, both of you« He said and kissed me on the forehead before we entered the airport.

It was loud and incredibly full. I pushed my sunglasses back on my nose and headed towards the terminal we had to get to.

Sadly, we did not stay unnoticed for long. Two in gothic style clothes dressed girls came directly to us.

»Uhm... Hey, you're CJ and Josy, right?« One of them asked excitedly.

»In person« Josy replied proudly. The girl started squeaking.

»May we take a picture together?« She asked and was clinging to her phone.

»Sure« I replied even though I did not feel properly dressed in the black oversized shirt with a belt, fishnet tights and high heeled boots.

We stood close to each other while the only one who was talking made some selfies.

»Thank you« She just said before both of them disappeared.

»Hurry up« I said and pulled Josy with me until I finally found Hollie waiting for us.

We sat down on the two free seats Hollie pointed at when we entered the plane. Wyatt was sitting on the other side of the corridor and obviously slept. Paul sat on the opposite of him and read something on the laptop in front of him.

»Now only Xavier is still missing« Hollie said and tightened her seatbelt as she sat down in front of us. After some minutes Xavier finally arrived and sat down.

I plugged earphones in and listened to music while the jet was taking off. For about one hour I was fully concentrated on my music until I finally looked up. I took out the headphones and saw Josy sleeping and Wyatt awake again with his feet on the table in front of him.

Xavier, now next to him, was taking a line of cocaines which he prepared on the table. I would never get familiar with seeing this. I still felt okay but I knew I would need it when we arrived and I was alone.

Even though my arms were not covered by fabric anymore nobody realized the stitches in my arm. I was glad about that fact but I also had to admit that they were well hidden.

»Do you want too?« Xavier asked when he realized that I looked at him.

»No, thanks« I replied.

»You're still the well-behaved girl, aren't you?« He replied. I smiled to hide that he was actually wrong with this. I was not the good girl anymore but nearly nobody knew that.

»Not exactly. But I'm already turned up enough. I don't want to do to you my even more twisted way then« I laughed what he did too.

We talked about the festival a bit until we were told to sit down for the landing. Wyatt gave me some tips for the performance.

On the airport we were picked up to drive us to the festival location. Wyatt told me that we had to pick up something there so I joined them.

It was a huge area on a field. People were building up the stages and fences around the festival site It was so huge that I could not even see the other end of it. A woman in her mid thirties in a yellow warning vest came to us. She had a clipboard in her hand. After checking who we are she gave us plastic cards on a lanyard with our names and act names on. She handed Wyatt a sheet op paper.

»You're on the main stage, here's the schedule« She sad before she turned around to look at me.

»Also main stage« She said and handed me the same sheet. I took it.

I was on the main stage? Inside I freaked out because of excitement, on the outside I tried to act cool.

I saw that both bands were luckily scheduled on the same day and had some hours in between. I also realized that I was the act before Corentine while White Errants had their time slot in the afternoon.

All acts on the festival would sleep in one hotel in the city so we drove there next to check in.

I let myself fall onto my bed when I entered the room. I was tired even though I did not do much today. Josy looked at me laughing when she lay down her bag on her bed which was on the other side of the room.

I stood up again and took my bathroom bag. I entered the bathroom and locked the door before I sat down on the edge of the bathtub. I got the string from the bag and tied it around my upper arm when I was mostly ready. Even though my hand was shaking a bit I finally hit the vein. I sighed in relief when I pushed down the plunger and felt that warm feeling in my body.

I left the bathroom shortly after and put the bag back.

Josy was laying on her bed and yawned. I told her that I would go out for some minutes so I left the room and went down in the lift. The door opened on the ground floor and the first thing I saw were a huge amount of people in front of the building staring through the windows.

»Fuck« I wispernd and pushed the button to close the doors several times until they finally closed. Without pushing another button the lift went up so I waited until it arrived.

The doors opened and I looked in the face of Ash.

He looked up and seemed surprised.

»Don't go down to the lobby« was the first thing I could say. He started laughing and entered the lift.

»What brings you here?« He asked and pushed one of the buttons, but I did not see which one it was.

»The festival?« I replied laughing. He drew his eyebrows together and typed on his phone.

»That's new« He determined and laughed. I looked over and saw that he opened the updated lineup for the festival.

»I wanted to go to the bar, join me?« He asked, I just nodded.

»I'm sorry that I yelled at you. I was simply shocked when I found out« He apologized. I nodded again, not knowing what I should reply to this.

»I mean... I would be shocked too but that was no reason to yell at me. What does it change that my father is a producer?« I said some seconds later.

»You're right« He replied.

»Now you know why I said that he would have accept you as a client if you asked« I added before the lift arrived.