Chapter 42

From the entrance for the bands you could see how many people were here. The field was so full of people that you could barely see the grass anymore, there where still was some grass left.

Wyatt and the rest of the band already left early for their performance while Josy and I got to the festival site later. We entered the area behind the stage and showed the cards we got the day before. We still had to spend some time here before it was our turn so Josy decided on watching the band now playing from the side of the stage while I sat down in the room we were guided to.

Josy distracted me all the time so I did not notice that I had withdrawal symptoms again. My hands were shaking extremely so I sat down on the sofa standing in the room and opened the purse I had with me.

I tied the string around my arm and looked for the vein. I wanted to prick the needle in my skin but my hand was shaking way to much to aim properly.

»Fuck« I whined and exhaled audibly before I tried again. When I almost hit it, someone knocked at the door. I tried to hide everything fast but the door already opened.

I relaxed when I saw Ash entering the room.

»It's just you« I said relieved and wiped away the sweat on my forehead.

»I just wanted to ask if you'll join us on stage to perform our song together« He asked. I nodded.

»I'll tell Josy when I see her« I replied.

He looked at my arm and seemed to realize what I was going to do that moment he came in.

»I'll help you« He said and came nearer before he kneeled down in front of me.

»I'm shaking too much« I said and held up my hand to show him. He grabbed the forearm of the arm the string was wrapped around.

»I don't talk about that with you. I'm still disappointed« He replied with a strict voice.

»Don't act like the responsible one of us. You're doing it way longer than me« I said in a bad mood while he held the syringe in his hand.

He pricked the needle in and wanted to push down the plunger when the door opened again.

»Hey CJ, Hollie asked for you« I heard Jamie asking who entered the room and froze in motion when he saw us. Ash did not get distracted by this at all and finally injected the substance into my body.

I saw the next actions veiled.

»What are you doing?« Jamie yelled at Ash who stood up again.

»Helping her, I don't think that you want her and stage like a dead girl walking« Ash replied and left the room without saying anything. Jamie came closer to me while I put away my 'equipment'. I was not able to look at him at all so I looked down on my knees.

»How long?« He just asked. He sounded sad and disappointed.

»Some months« I replied and stood up again. Jamie opened his mouth again but I interrupted him.

»Please just don't talk about it and get to Hollie« I said and left the room with him. He winced before he actually went down the hallway and entered another room.

Hollie immediately came to me and hugged me. Josy was already here.

»Sorry for being late. I forgot the time« I apologized and sat down on the chair Hollie pointed at.

»Everything's fine« She just laughed and started doing my hair.

She curled the ends before she made two braids from the hair over my forehead, crossed them and tied them together with some hair in the middle of my head to keep it out of my face while performing. After she almost finished my again very eye catching makeup she still had to do the eyeliner. She was fully concentrated when we heard a loud clink noise. She winced and drew a line down on my cheek. We turned around to Josy who accidentally dropped the glass in her hand.