Chapter 43

Today was the big day. Today was the award show for the awards Corentine, Josy and I were nominated for and I was excited to the max. I looked into the mirror for a last time and checked my outfit, again. Since I had to wear something more elegant it was difficult for me to find one that fulfilled my desires. I ended up by wearing a cute black and white dress which had a tight black corset as top and a pretty short flattering white skirt. To fit my style I wore it with fishnet tights and the high boots from the festival. I started loving them.

My hair was pinned up on the side my ear was pierced. My makeup was dark again and I had to admit that I loved how I looked. Josy pushed me to the side to look at herself too. She wore a dress which was quite similar to mine, just her skirt was black. She wore fishnet stockings which ended just under her knees and combined it with boots with rivets on. At last I put over the leather jacket I wore at the talkshow.

»The car is waiting« Dad yelled from outside my room and appeared in the door frame. He wore his best suit since he would go with us.

»You look wonderful, dad« I said.

We went downstairs and got inside the car which was actually waiting outside for us. The driver opened the door for us so we sat down in there.

»You know that you're going over the red carpet with us, don't you?« I asked dad ans started smiling evilly.

»Never in this world« He replied and laughed.

The ride took some time which I spent on my phone playing games.

Dad was right, he would not go with us. The driver just let Josy and me leave the car on the official entrance before he brought dad to another entrance. While we were going down the walk at least I was blinded by the flashlights from all the cameras of journalists. We were directly led to pose in front of a wall with the logo of the awards all over it so we actually posed for pictures a bit until we could finally enter the enormous hall. It looked a bit like the brit awards with all the tables standing down here but it were not. Someone brought us to the table we would sit on and dad was already waiting for us here. The table was located somewhere in the middle.

I grabbed the card on the table to look who would sit here with us. I did not know who this were to I put it back and took a sip from the glass of juice I got from a waitress while Dad and Josy got a glass with champagne. I was still jealous of her being one year older than me.

I looked up just to see cameras everywhere hanging from the ceiling on rails.

When I realized Heather and Marla walking past our table I tried to hide. I did not want to speak with her at all. They were followed by two girls I had never seen before. Josy did not know them either. Maybe this were the girls they replaced us with.

Heather was stopped by a woman obviously working here. They spoke shortly until the woman pointed at a table way farer away from the stage than our table was. I had to bite my tongue to not laugh. I lost my focus on them when I saw someone way more interesting walking by.

How was it possible that Ash even made me almost drool by wearing a suit? I stared at him a bit until Josy interrupted me.

Finally the award ceremony started and the lights were dimmed. I looked at one of the huge monitors next to the stage so I could see the moderators better. The nearer we came to the categories we were nominated for the more nervous I got.

After some breaks and music acts the moderator read out the next categories.

»Next we have the best collaboration released in the last year« She said. On the huge monitor the different songs with parts of the music video were shown. My stomach almost twisted when you could see the video we made for the song with Corentine. The filming was super laborious, mostly the ash rain was horrible since I had to get it out of my hair again what took me hours.

I squeezed my thumbs inside my fists while waiting for the result. Josy was also excited even though we both expected to not win.

»And the award goes to« The moderator began when the presentation finished and pulled out the result out of an envelope. She got nearer to the microphone again and I almost vomited on the table.

»Ashes by Corentine, CJ and Josy Prince« She announced. I froze in motion for a moment before Josy pulled me up. Our song was playing loudly while we were on our way to the stage. Someone guided us the way there and stopped in front of the stage which we entered. My hands were shaking but Josy held one of it so it was not that obvious.

The moderators handed Kieran, Josy and me each one of the awards and also clapped her hands.

»How did you end up recording a song together?« She asked. I did not know where Ash got the microphone from but he raised one to answer the question.

»It was actually quite funny. When we were recording the recent album Kieran brought both of them to the studio after CJ covered one of our songs and he found it online. In the first place we were a bit skeptical we ended up with that song« He told the story pretty summarized.

We lined up next to each other for some photos before we left the stage again.

Now there was just one category left I was actually hyped for, the price for the newcomers. Josy and my awards stood on the table in front of us while I was still waiting.

»The most interesting category is the price for the best newcomer. Here are the nominees« The moderator announced and pointed at the monitor which showed the different bands and artists nominated in that category. Now there were not a song shown, instead they used just pictures.

The photo of me was obviously taken at the festival because I was on stage there, screaming in the microphone and looking down to the camera which took the shot. I already loved that picture.

I knew that there were many more photos from the festival and also videos but I still did not find the time to download or even view them.

»And the award as the best newcomer this year goes to« She began again and unpacked the result again. I felt like sitting on hot coals while she was fighting with the envelope.

»Since this was a vote on our website we now show the results up there« She said. I immediately looked up to the monitors which showed the percentage of votes for every nominee. When Blush appeared at position two and I did not show up on the graphic my heart almost stopped.

The last bar of the bar graph grew on my name until it ended up by a pretty huge percentage.

»I gotta cry« I said before I stood up again and went to the stage again.

I actually died inside when the moderator handed me the award. Standing up here alone was even more intimidating. Luckily I did not have to say something so I left the stage with shaking legs shortly after.