Chapter 21

»You have to be the Blush girls« A young man with a headset on his ear and a clipboard in his hand determined when he saw us.

»We are« Heather agreed friendly.

»I'm Heather« She introduced herself when he looked down at his clipboard again. She wanted to shake his hand but he did not care about her.

»Whatever« He said, turned around and told us to follow him.

»Why are you being so rude« Heather accused him. He was visibly annoyed by her. He was my fellow sufferer.

»I do this job to feed my family not to chat with some wannabe celebrities who are irrelevant before that show has even aired so shut up, little girl, or I'll make sure that all of you leave the property and will never be invited to any show ever again« He answered. Heather closed her mouth and looked at him like a beaten dog.

»Thank you« He added and guided us through some hallways until we entered a room with 'Blush' written on a piece of laminated paper sticking on the door.

»It will take some time until its your turn. Get some snacks, calm down and I will get you then« He said and pointed at a table filled with food that stood opposite to a sofa. Heather seemed unsatisfied.

»How long will it take?« She asked friendly. The man rolled his eyes.

»I'm not the producer. An Hour, maybe two« He answered. With just one look at his face you could see that he hated his job at that point. If Heather said any more word, he would absolutely attack her. And I would help him.

»That's Showbusiness. You're not the most important person in the world« I reminded her before I took a cupcake from one if the plates. The man looked at me nearly grateful before he left the room.

»What the fuck is wrong with you? You destroy everything with your behavior. We are not successful enough to behave like that« Josy scolded her. Heather sat down at the sofa and looked down on her knees.

»I'll head outside. Call me when something important happens. I can't take several hours without nicotine« I said and left the room again.

I went back the way we got in and immediately met the man who showed us the room.

»Hey, just one question. I hope you won't hate me. Where can I get outside to smoke?« I asked and tried to be as charming as possible without being annoying.

»You can join me, I was heading outside anyways« He replied and even smiled a bit.

We went outside where I got the pack of cigarettes out of my purse.

»You want one? I'm generous today« I said and offered him a cigarette. He thanked me and took one before I took one either. I also handed him my lighter.

»You don't like that girl Heather right?« He laughed. I looked down at my feed and could not stop me from smiling.

»Is it that obvious?« I asked amusedly. He just laughed to confirm my statement.

»What's your name?« He asked. I leaned against the wall and to another drag on my cigarette.

»Christina oder CJ. Call me whatever you like to. What about you?« I replied and looked at him. He looked up from his clipboard.

»Henry« He answered my question.

He seemed lost in his thoughts and took his phone out. He typed on his phone until he looked at me directly.

»I knew you looked familiar to me« He said and showed me my Instagram account.

»You got me« I admitted.

After some time we got in again. I entered the room where I saw three girls silently staring at their phones. I, on the other hand, started to taste some of the food.

»Does anyone of you know, what's going to be asked later?« I tried starting a conversation but nobody showed any kind of interest.

I rolled my eyes and took out my phone too. When I had even scrollt all the way through my Instagram feed I stood up to check my makeup in the mirror on the wall.

The door opened and Henry stuck his head through opened door.

»Ready?« He asked. We all put away our phones and followed him down the hallway.

I was extremely nervous and my hands were shaking. We arrived in a room, where some people came to us. They attached mini microphones on our clothes. While we got ready we could here the show master talking. I listened to the announcement when Henry caught my attention.

»Heather goes first, Josy next, then Marla and Christina last. You sit down in that order on the sofa there. Never turn your back at the audience« He said. We nodded and entered the stage when he gave us the sign to go out there.

The audience clapped their hands when we walked towards the sofa Henry talked about. The show master started greeting us one after the other before we sat down.

I was so nervous I did not even realize what the show master talked about first with Heather.

»So where are you from?« he asked and leaned forward with his elbows leaned on his desk.

»We're from Santa Ana« Heather replied and crossed her legs.

»So where did you meet and how did you get together as a band?« He asked further. Now Marla answered his question.

»We all met at school back then. There was this project week we had at school and nobody of us was motivated at all taking part of it so Heather Josy and I got together as we were in the same year at school. Christina joined us more coincidentally. We had to be at least four to form our own project group so she got the last person missing even though she was one year younger than us. At the first meeting we realized that we were all interested in music and we formed a school band. After we graduated we decided on continuing making music together« She told our story.

They continued talking about origin story of our band until he went to a more entertaining mood.