01.

"Good, you're up, maybe you can actually stop poking me." He mused as I held him closer, then kissed me, he was always a kisser in the morning, you'd wonder if he even cared that I had bad breath, after making love in the morning he left me grinning. "Get up or you'll be late for work again." Ceres scolded as he placed a kiss on my lips, his minty breath making me tingle.

He was already getting ready for the day even if I was a sloth, he'd make up for both of us not to be late, so I quickly showered, wrapped a towel around my waist and walked into the closet, I'd never picked out my own suit in years, he like now did so, suit, shirt, even my boxers were all there ready for me, he never missed on a detail too, my shoes were shiny, he was perfect, I wondered how he even got the time to do these things when he had a full time job too, he amazed me.

"Good morning papa." Our children mumble as I take them downstairs giggling. "Papa put us down, we'll be late." Klein protested as I tickled him, he looked just like me, extremely light chocolate skin, sensitive to almost everything but my husband knew just how to take care of it, same with my baby girl, she tended to have allergies too but like always, Ceres was on the case, he  enchanted me.

"Sit for breakfast, we can't have you all late." He scolds pressing a kiss to my cheek as he took Lita in his arms to feed her whilst I sat down with Klein. "Babe, food's delicious, I want more."

Drake Will.

I groaned banging the fridge door, nothing to eat, I was running late and I couldn't even find my wallet, I could've just grabbed an apple but I couldn't they were already turning bad and I couldn't afford to get another stomach ache. "Wayne, did you find my wallet?" I asked my boyfriend who was sitting on the couch texting furiously on his phone. "Uh—what?" He asked not leaving his phone. "Wayne, I asked you to help me find my wallet!" I yelled as I grabbed his phone. "Hey, I'm booking us a reservation for tonight plus I'm ordering something on that too." He argued and I sighed in frustration. "Why do we need a reservation, half this whole week we've eaten at one restaurant or another." I complained and he gave me a blank look.

"Well whose gonna cook, I'm not and you don't have a maid." He shot back and all the anger I had changed into a laugh. "You know, normal people cook, at home, it's why they have kitchens." I stated as I ran a hand through my hair and threw his phone on the couch, I didn't know why I agreed to living together, nothing was perfect, nothing was right, it didn't feel like this before. So I grabbed my keys, my wallet from under the hallway table with a vase that had shriveled flowers, and was out the door with a bang of that very door.

I was angry, hungry and frustrated, all because I thought life could get better, I admit my life was great, I had everything and I fucked up because I allowed Wayne to happen in my life, and now nothing was right. So I sighed and got into my car, might as well grab something on the way to work. My father had finally allowed me to inherit his firm, apparently before I wasn't good enough and now that, —I didn't want to think about it, about him, it still hurt even when I don't want it to.

So a detour to the doughnut store, I was on my way to work feeding on sugar and cholesterol, I wondered how I got here but I knew, how could I not, I let it happen. "Good morning mister Will, you have mail that came in." The receptionist told me and I nodded grabbing the few envelopes, she took a second glance at me and looked away shaking her head. I ignored her of course, got into the elevator that led to the top floor, and walked briskly to my office. Coffee in hand I opened the first letter, it was from a charity he and I had decided to fund, it helped mothers and children who had no basic income get by and get education, I wondered why they had sent a letter until the last words hit me.

"We apologize for not annulling your invitations to our organised events sooner, but it has been rectified."

They were basically telling me they didn't need me anymore, was this because of the divorce, had he told them about it, it was public knowledge but I didn't expect even a charity organization to boot me out. I'd call them later and sort it out, the next letter was from Klein's school, my son, I felt my chest constrict, my son, I hadn't seen him in so long. The letter was an end term report, kid was doing great at school, he was a smart kid and Cer— he always helped Klein, no wonder he was doing so great, I was pathetic.

A knock on my door made me turn away from my thoughts and onto the person I had told to come in. "Good mo— you look like shit." Craig stated as he walked in, his eyes passing over me with disdain. "Are you reacting to something your neck is blotchy, I think." He added and I frowned then immediately grabbed my phone, turned on my camera and indeed I was having a skin reaction. "Dammit." I barely had reactions unless I ate the wrong food or the shampoo I used wasn't organic, normally Cer—he brewed the shampoo and the bubble bath, it was an acquired skill which he turned into a business.

"You should get that checked out and seriously you look crappy, what's going on man?" Craig asks and I sigh in defeat. "Where do I begin, I thought Wayne was great at first, things were smooth, I didn't have a hassle but he's moved in and things, —uh man they're a mess, I feel like a glorified sugar daddy to him, my father has been pressing on about getting more clients, it's off season no one really has the time, the few new clients we have pull us through he doesn't get it, Jade got arrested last night, and that mess I'm the one who has to deal with." I stated as he looked at me intently before humming with a nod.

"So all this has nothing to do with your ex husband, I get Wayne is a spoiled little twat, I liked the kid better when he was a passing fling, your dad has always been breathing down your neck and you've handled him, Jade has been in jail way too many times for it to be a problem now, so this can only come down to Ceres, what's going on?" He asked and I didn't have the heart to lie to him, he was one of my closest friends, he supported me through the divorce. "My father sent him an eviction notice from the house, man I never wanted the house, I wanted him and the kids to have it, I could've easily found another place but he'd put so much into that place that it feels like now it's excessive, he got nothing after the divorce, only some money and the rest was his from before the marriage, our children are with him, I've already made hell for him, this feels wrong." I confessed laying my head back on the office chair.

"Seems like you need to make a choice and find a way to let him stay." Craig suggested but I scoffed, if there was anything I knew about my ex husband, he was resilient, he was going to find a way to get past this. "The kids stopped texting, at this point I'd rather not grace them with my unwanted presence, I'll talk to his lawyer, see if we can do something but I doubt it." I told Craig as I couldn't stop the memories from coming back, I missed being home.

something about
HOME

Vote + Share + Comment + Follow

Saint Jay.