03.

"The world could do so much better without people like you, my son's potential wasted because he wants to take responsibility for a decision he made on a whim, please, don't amuse me, you're worthless, useless and expendable, one day he'll see it." Those words haunted me the rest of the dinner, we had gone to tell Drake's parents about our decision to become parents again, and that the artificial insemination had worked, he wasn't happy or pleased, much the opposite.

"Don't think about it so much, my father —." Drake sighed because there wasn't reason enough to defend his father, he still would try, I never made the arguments go on for long, his father was a thorn in my side ever since I was introduced to him, now he had just gotten bigger, and I just wish he saw what I saw when I am with Drake, a future.

"Don't worry, it's okay, I'm okay alright, lets just be happy Klein is getting another sibling, you're getting more clients and finally I have another interview with a potential investor." I was always the shining example of looking on the bright side, I had to do so because my marriage depended on it, it wasn't easy but I made it work that way. "Good, forget about my dad, I'll deal with him." 

Ceres Beau.

I didn't want to feel relieved but I did, leaving my old house, leaving it with all the memories on each wall that kept playing over in my head, it was starting to get to me, but in this new place, I had the freedom of looking at the picture of my kids and smile, my two blessings. I quickly grabbed my bag and my other bag with essentials, then checked if I didn't forget Lolita's day care bag, luckily I didn't this time.

I rushed down the stairs to the kitchen, grabbed the cake I baked, Klein's lunchbox and my baby's lunch bag, I ended up carrying a lot. "Dad, whoa, you could've told me to help." Klein protests quickly getting out of the car, opening the back and helping me put in everything. "Sweetheart you could help me by not forgetting your lunchbag." I chided ruffling his curls and he whined. "Now get in before we're late." I told him as I checked the door, I always forget to lock but hey this time I got auto lock, such a gift.

Soon enough I was driving to my son's school in the black jeep, it was his choice since it looked cool and was big, he bragged a lot I suspected. "Bye dad!" He called out as he got out, I got out too and kissed him goodbye. "Have a great day, don't forget your gloves, I put them in your training duffle!" I yelled as he nodded before waving me off his curls bouncing wildly on his head, it was adorable. "Ceres, is that you?!" Someone yelled and I whipped around to face Mrs Elle Forester, she was the wife of one of Drake's friends, seeing her now was irritating as she and her husband had strongly advocated for my divorce.

"Hello." I greeted politely waving at my daughter who giggled singing Lost on you by LP. "Oh my word, it's really you, you look very good." She stated as if there wasn't any animosity between us. "Uh yes, thank you, I really have to go." I told her turning to my car which she gawked at but hid it quickly. "I didn't know your son went to this school, do you live in the neighborhood?" She asked and now I knew her motive, she was fishing for something. "I'm really sorry I need to go, I wish I had time to play catch up with people I don't know,  but have a good day though." I told her with a chuckle before getting into my car and driving away.

She didn't like me then, I'm pretty sure nothing changed now, I wonder why she was even trying. "Hey sweetie, soon you'll be going to school like your brother, do you want to?" I asked Lita who nodded furiously. "I wanna make a lot of friends, and play tea party, daddy when can we visit grandpa?" She asked and I chuckled. "When he comes back from his trip sweetie, I'm sure you're his number one girl." I replied my daughter who grinned, she loved my father a lot, I guess it had something to do with her being spoilt by him but I didn't care, she deserved it.