02.

The moment you step out of your own way, let your own self growth become you, and you will change, thrive and grow, I would know that. "How are you feeling?" Drake asked me as I sighed in defeat, another failure. "I thought I had it, I thought my patent would work, would be it for them." I told him as I lowered my head onto the nightstand, I felt horrible.

"Babe, it's gonna be okay, you'll try again with another company or brand, I just don't want you to be like this, and besides, I can work, I can keep our family well taken care of, you don't need to work." He reassured and I nodded in response but deep down, I wasn't going to give up, this was my dream and I would work hard for it. "I know you can, and when have I ever doubted that fact, it's okay." I muttered taking his hand in mine, he chuckled softly placing that familiar kiss on my temple, there was an unsaid statement, a reassurance I knew by heart, he knew me, I wouldn't give up and he would suport me, he always would.

So I never gave up, I kept pushing until my first batch of commercial products was sold, and my first pay check came in. Resilience kept me alive, it's what my father taught me, and I would always have that with me.

Ceres Beau.

"Whoa it's huge." Klein gasped as we parked in front of our new house, I had completely remodeled the place, tore down a lot of walls, made it larger, made it perfect, made it my new beginning, I'd spent the week packing, Klein had initially hated the idew of moving but thanks to Gavin and my father he agreed, his sister on the other hand was okay with it, she was five, a little candy coaxing did the trick. "Uhm, —dude you said your old house, your old house was little, quaint at best, this, —is huge, it's straight out of some sort of magazine." Gavin mumbled as he looked at the house in wonder.

"I know, I wish my dad was here to see it." I replied and Gavin gave me a sideways hug. "He'll be back soon, you know that man won't let an opportunity to spoil you pass him by, but enough of that, when did you get enough money to do this, you said a couple of paychecks right." He demanded and I laughed. "I said paychecks yes— but you assumed my paycheck was too little to do this, it's not, remember those investors I told you about last month, I secured their funding, I'm the majority shareholder of my company but their investment went a long way and overnight, my company has become a household brand for rich people, so I could afford to do this." I explained gesturing to the house.

I used my keycard to open the front door. "Dad, is this our new place, where is my room?" Klein questioned and I gestured upstairs. "You'll know when you see it." I whispered in his ear as he grabbed Harry and they ran up the stairs. "I bet that kid has no more doubts about moving, and I'm pretty sure I've just lost the rights to hosting sleepovers." Gavin chortled and I laughed heartily, it felt good to laugh, to embrace new things, a new beginning.

"Don't worry, you can sleepover too, the third floor has about three guest rooms and my very own lab." I exclaimed and he grinned whilst we walked in and explored the place. "Welcome home Lolita." I stated holding my baby girl, she giggled as we walked inside. "Doll, daddy." She squealed as the doll she adored the most was on her bed, she didnt waste time clambering off me to her bed where she squealed. "More dolls, now we can have tea party." She added and I couldn't help smile looking at her already assembling the tea party. "You did good." Gavin whispered next to me with a fist bump.

"Your room is still next to your brother Lola, alright." I spoke up and she nodded. "Okay daddy." I had lost her to the tea party. We left my daughter's room on the second floor to my son's, who was now shoeless on his bed with his friend. "Dad." He called out and ran to me embracing me. "I love it dad, I have a balcony, and fotons, you got me the hanging chair, it's so cool and that's not the best part, my own game station." He rambled on as I opened the door to his own bathroom, Klein had a thing about privacy, he might be ten but he barely liked me checking on him when he was in the bath, apparently he was grown.

"Thank you so much dad, it's better than my old room." He stated with another hug as his messy dark curls bounced on his head. "Anytime buddy, how about you explore more of your room, and check on your sister while I check out the back and make dinner." I expressed as he let go, all he gave was a nod before walking out to get to his sister's room. "Fist bump me again, I just aced this parenting thing." I boasted and Gavin laughed all the way to the master bedroom which was on the opposite side of my children's room.

"I see you spoiling yourself, I love the huge balcony, I can already see you sitting there with a book in hand, your nerdy self showing." He teased and I smacked his arm. "Hey, I happen to like being a nerd." I protested and he chuckled. "I know, we were together in high school, I passed because of you." He admitted and I laughed finally setting down the boxes we had. In as much as I wanted to revel in this newfound happiness, ny best friend needed me too.

"So how is she?" I asked and he sighed sitting on the king size bed. "Last time we talked she wanted me to move on, I know we were having problems even before the cancer, so we separated and she got ill, I was there from the start, Derek is there for her too but I dont know, she's still the love of my life, despite being separated and her having another man in her life she loves, she is still home, and it's hard to accept that she sees no future for us or Harry, she signed over full custody to me last time I saw her." He explained and I couldn't help feel guilty for being so happy when my friend wasn't okay.

"I know that face, this isn't your fault Ceres, it's just a messed up life and circumstances that can't be changed, things will get better, we'll both pull through." He comforted and I smiled finding his hand in mine, the reassurance we both needed that things would he okay, Gavin and I didn't have any sort of attraction, he was my straight best friend, and I liked our dynamic like that, he was my rock, my go to confidant and I would never jeopardize that with stupid feelings, I wouldn't lose him, never him.

"So you staying for dinner, you and Harry can sleepover, it'll be like old times, I will even order your favourite pizza." I offered and he looked at me with a skeptical glance. "Add popcorn, a side of wings then we have a deal." He asserted and ny jaw dropped but nodded as we both laughed. "You still eat like a pig, I can't believe I'm making dinner yet you have room for more beyond that." I teased as we both laugh. "I'll tackle you to the floor if you don't shut up." He growled but I laughed even more running out of the room. He followed laughing behind me, it was as if we were kids again, the feeling I appreciated because I forgot all the troubles that life was throwing at me, I was home, my family safe and happy, I only prayed it stayed that way, I'd appreciate it.

something about
HOME

Vote + Follow + Share + Comment

Saint Jay