09.

"She's leaving me." Those were the first words I heard as I walked into Gavin's home, everything was upturned, pictures lay broken on the floor, a hurricane had literally swept through the house, luckily Harry wasn't here to see this, he had gone on a trip with my son, they would be back in a week. "Gavin, what happened?!" I quickly rushed toward him, not caring at all about the broken glass.

"Ceres, she's leaving me." He stated again as he chugged down more alcohol, tears burning his eyes, he was a mess. "What happened, why is she leaving, —what exactly did Samira say?" I demanded and he just kept on drinking. "She said nothing Ceres, she isn't happy with our lives, she's not happy with me, so she she's leaving me, she doesn't want Harry, she just wants—" He broke down again and all I could do was hold him as he cried, my best friend was broken.

"I don't know what I did wrong Ceres, I don't —." He cried and I didn't know what to do, I knew Gavin and Samira were having problems but I never thought she would leave, and it was pretty obvious that Gavin had fought, I knew how he could be, he wouldn't have let her leave without a fight to keep her in their home. "She's fallen for another man, he came here and we fought, —she left." He choked out and all the anger I felt rose to the surface, —yet even if I was angry, I chose to stay by Gavin's side, he was my priority not her, not right now.

"It's going to be okay love, I promise, I'm here for you." I comforted him as I took the bottle of alcohol away and just held him as he cried until he knocked out, I had no idea how to fix everything and I wasn't going to try but what I was certain about, —was that I was going to be there for Gavin and Harry, they needed me.

Ceres Beau.

Walking into a hospital wasn't a great experience, there was always an anxious feeling that overcame me, a certain fear about what I would see or experience, I wasn't good with experiencing pain on others or myself whether it was minor or not, I just couldn't handle it all that well, so hospitals made me uneasy but despite my reservation for them, I had come to the hospital that had called me, I knew who wanted to see me after I received a call again from someone specific, Samira, Gavin's ex wife.

I wondered what she wanted and by the fact that she couldn't say it over the phone, I knew it was something important, so I had to see her. She, after her divorce from Gavin, had become distant, she was living her life, —what made me so removed from her was her lack of attention for her son, as if she didn't care that Harry existed whereas she was his mother, it's why I always tried to step up for Harry, show and give him the love that he deserved despite not being my son, it had bothered not just Gavin, but Drake at one point, even Klein had asked why I cared about Harry so much and so I told him the truth.

Harry needed love, and if I was capable of being there and giving him that love, why shouldn't I, —I guess that's what really propelled my son into being Harry's best friend, and now they were inseparable, like twin brothers, you can never find one without the other, it was impossible. I made my way to the third floor reception area, where a bubbly nurse was busy at work. "Hello, uhm, —Ceres Beau, I'm here for Samira Wilker." I told her and she nodded. "She's been waiting for you —wouldn't allow anyone to administer her medication until she talked to you, —room 383." The lovely red head nurse explained and I wondered what was so important that Samira would go through all this, and the major question was also, how and why was she in hospital again.