XXI

Hours later I lead beside him in bed, using his body for warmth with my hand on his chest and my head on his shoulder. 'I have an idea' He trailed off.

'Mhm' I replied too worn out.

'Put this one' He said handing me one of his band t shirts. I shrugged it on and waited for him to put on boxers before walking out the door.

Thankfully the breeze seemed to be warm and comforting in some sense as we walked down to the shore of the beach. We walked close to each other, as our hands slightly brushed each other every so often, sending small butterflies to flutter deep in my stomach.

Once our toes were inches from the swash of the slight waves, Nate suddenly stripped of all his clothes.

'Come on' He asked holding out his hand.

'Turn around' I said shyly, and he did, while I took off his shirt and placed it in a pile on the floor close to his. I padded towards his bare back and wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him from behind.

'Hey' He huskily said turning around and grabbing my hand before pulling me deeper and deeper into the water.

We walked out to where the flat water lay just above my chest, and stared out at the moon which was considerably high in the sky.

'Wow' I said with awe.

'I know' He replied, when I looked back at him, he was already staring at me.

'The moon, Nate' I laughed splashing him lightly. He laughed as well as he pulled me into his side, both staring at the night sky.

'You never wrote me the poetry' He said, breaking hte silence.

'I didn't want to be cliché' I argued.

'Then make it good enough to not be cliché' He argued back.

'Okay' I agreed, turning around and walking back.

'Where do you think you're going?' He asked grabbing my hand.

'Back?'

'I don't think so' He smirked pulling me back, but in the process I got my foot stuck in some seaweed and fell tumbling into the water.

'Shit, Sav?' He asked with concern.

'I think I swallowed loads, I feel kind of —'

I paused and pushed his head under water, to return the 'favour'.

The splashing continued for another half an hour, until we both agreed if we stayed in any longer we would most likely get hypothermia and made our way back to the hut.

'What if someone walks past and sees us both casually strolling naked?' I ask scoping the area.

'Then they will get to see how beautiful you are' He said, with no smile. My heart melted knowing his seriousness.

I smiled from eye to eye not even attempting to hide the joy I was feeling.

I woke up the next morning, relapsing the previous events, trying to accept what had happened. But I just couldn't, how could this be real? And how was Jacob, was he okay?

I stand up slowly shrugging on my jeans from yesterday leaving me in only my bra. Running my hands through my hair didn't even settle the situation; it had been branded into my memories, leaving a permanent imprint.

Tears began to fall slowly from my eyes, not from sadness. I was purely overwhelmed with all of this, it was just too much.