XXIV

Savannah

You know that overwhelming feeling when something surprises you, or someone for that matter, and you're left with this electric feeling charging inside you, and in that moment everything else seems numb to you?

I haven't had that feeling in a long time, but being stood here in line to go past the main gates of Electrofest, I'm suddenly welcomed by that same feeling.

I've wanted to come here for as long as I can remember, me and Jonah used to plan out what we'd wear, and plan out our whole day on a map of the venue.

And here we finally are, eyes wide and in awe.

I feel an arm flop on top of my shoulder and look around to see Kirsten, smiling madly. 'We finally made it' she exclaims, looking back up to the main sign reading 'Electrofest 2015'.

I squeal and hug her tightly before breaking away and moving forward in the queue.

'Hey, Kir, look' I say, pulling up one leg of my Levi's to reveal a hip flask attached to my leg with black duct tape. So maybe I couldn't find anything more stylish, but the point is, I have alcohol. Ha!

She laughs and nudges Jonah to show him, he looks over and laughs. 'No surprise there Sav'.

'Hey guys, whats the line up anyway?' I ask addressing the whole group. Jonah slips out a leaflet from his back pocket and hands it to me, smirking. He almost seems smug about something, or is he just being the sly lil bitch he always is. I unfold the piece of paper to see bands and acts plastered all over the page. My eyes scan the page seeing the acts like Skrillex and Knife Party but then there's another section further down saying Jenner Stage, which had even better acts like Coasts, The Wombats and no...

No they can't be?

I look over at Jonah who's stood there impatiently staring at me, trying to find out my reaction. I squeal on the spot and look to the others.

'Fall Out Boy are here! Fall. Out. Boy' I say, looking around for someone to tell me I've misread it or I was actually in a dream, but instead they all just stare at me like I'm some exhibition at the zoo.

Before, this in general was a good 8 but now its gone to a solid 9. What am I doing rating this, god damn it Savannah pull yourself together.

3 hours and two drinks later, we finally set foot onto the flattened grass, ahead of us, a large venues consisting of huts, tents, rides and on the far right, stages.

'We didn't really plan this whole thing did we, there's hardly any time to set up the tents before the acts begin.' Sam complains, laughing.

And in all honesty, we really didn't.

-

'Sav, are you sure you don't want to join us in our tent?' Sam offers as Erin sits inside awkwardly. I started this day not wanting Nathan to come into my head, if he really meant what he said, I couldn't be happier he wasn't here.

But it can't be true... I may be in denial but why would he say it all meant nothing? He didn't just have some sort of fling with me, he completely opened up to me, let me into his fucked up world. This wasn't just nothing.

'I'm okay, don't worry' I force myself to smile in reassurance. The truth is I hate this emptiness following me around but there's nothing I can do about it, I can hardly put him on a leash just for today, but the space which should be taken up hurts more than anything.

As long as I don't think about it, I'll be fine... Right?

'Well then lads, shouldn't we make our way over to the stage' Jonah calls over all of us, clambering out the tent followed by Kirsten.