VI

I wake up to the same light beaming through my curtains in my window. Yesterday was an eventful day, people in and out, leaving me flowers and asking how I am, terribly bad hospital food being bought to me every 2 hours. Im exhausted, but somehow i feel more alive this morning. I walk downstairs to nothing..? where is everyone, its a Sunday. Oh yes, the annual rally car show which we all go to every year. I pad over to the kitchen to find a note signed form my mum:

Savannah,

Were all at the rally, be back around 6, call his number once you've read it.  (555 01 4838)

Mum

P.s: I like that Nathan kid, he's a good one J

I dial the number and it rings three times before someone picks up.

'Hello?' i ask cautiously.

'Hi' Nate replies down the other end.

'How did you, what..' He cuts me off immediately.

'Look get yourself ready and go out the front in 5' He smirks and hangs up.

What on earth is going on, why did my mum leave Nate's number, was this all planned? I run up stairs and put on my black acid wash tank top with my ripped black jeans and Doc Martins; quickly i apply my eyeliner and brush my teeth. Oh no, my hair, I try to tame it and bring it round to one side. Nope, that doesn't work, i settle on half up half down with half in a bun. I grab my phone and purse and run out the door. And Nathan's already stood there, stood up against a pick-up truck.

'You have a truck?' I ask completely confused.

'Just picked this baby up' he says as he slaps the bonnet 'C'mon lets go'

I hop in the passenger side of the pick-up truck and sit there perplexed. 'Your mum didn't want to leave you alone for the day after Friday night. So i offered to spend the day with you'

'Oh, so you don't actually want to see me, you're just chipping in?' i joke.

'Something like that' he grins beaming at me.

'But it's a Sunday, you realise everything will be shut' i questioning.

'You don't need shops to have fun, i wanna take you somewhere'

Oh how i hate surprises, the road winds through trees after trees, for all i know he could be taking me to the woods to murder me, and my mother has basically just given consent. He switches on the CD player, and Coasts' A Rush Of Blood begins to play, complimenting the beams of sunlight hitting through the gaps in the trees as we speed through the greenery of the forest. We are the only people on the roads, or to be seen for that matter. It feels like were the only ones on the face of the earth.

The trees slowly open up to reveal an open space, an abandoned airfield. He looks across to me who looks without a doubt, completely confused.

'Look in the back' he says.

I turn to the back of the pick-up to see two skateboards, flares and baseball bats. What on earth, what are we planning to do? This doesn't even make sense?

'Why?' i ask

'Why not?' he replies, its clear i won't get an answer from him.

I unplug my seatbelt and open the window, poking my top half out and inhaling deeply, the wind brushes through my hair and Nate turns up the music so i can hear it through the whipping of the wind. I look back in the car to see him widely grinning while looking ahead as he plays with his hair.