Prepare

"They do?"

"Yes." He leaned closer and kissed your head then your neck. While kissing up, he kissed your hair then took the hair pin out with his teeth, allowing your hair to fall as your wings come back and spread.

You stretched them out and rubbed your neck along with your shoulder. As Ban reached his arms and picked you up, the look of the pin in his mouth along with his grin seemed seductive in a way.

To close the door so it wasn't cracked, he moved back a step letting his body close it, but it didn't move.

Ban tried it again then turned around and looked at the door.

"Damn it." He mumbled under his breath.

"Oops. Must have misplaced this." Meliodas's sword and sheath was what kept the door from closing all the way. He moved it out the way and slowly opened the door. "Sorry about that." He smiled at Ban with his joyful grin and out his sword on his back.

Ban started to grit his teeth together getting ticked off as Meliodas walked in through the door. "Just a few minutes Captain. Maybe we can talk later."

"Hmm? No actually this can't wait. Listen, I'm gonna need to speak with Y/n the rest of the day."

"What? No way. Nuh uh, Captain come on."

"What....you weren't gonna do anything if I didn't show up.....were you." He eyed Ban getting rid of his joyful smile and began to get serious.

"What..." You looked at Ban a little confused not really understanding, but Meliodas understood completely. The tension between the two was intense enough to fill the room.

"It's...nothing" ban slowly put you down and handed you your hair pin. The tension disappeared and so did Melio's anger.

"Y/n. Come with me and I'll introduce you to the team once we're done talking "

"Okay Meliodas."

"Call me Captain."

"....right..Captain um...just one second." You turned to Ban and handed him the hair pin. "Can you put my hair back up?"

"...sure." He grabed the hair pin with a bit of an attitude but you ignored it and turned around for him. "When I see you in an hour. Ill put more medicine on your wings okay?" He examined them along with the bandages seeing how they were starting to heal pretty well.

You nodded and agreed with him as he moved your hair and put it in a style with the hair pin in place.

"Thank you." You turned and stood on your tippy toes kissing him on the cheek before leaving with Meliodas.

When you got down the hall, you looked around at the walls then at your brother infront of you."What was all that about Melio"

"Oh nothing you have to be worried about."

"Tell me. Im sure I can hear it."

"The fact that you don't know what he was about to do is why I got you out of there..... that and also our rooms are next to each other and I wouldn't want to hear all that."

"Huh....what?!" It slowly clicked for you. All types of embarrassment and jumbles of emotions hit you like a truck. "Meliodas-."

He ignored your annoyed tone and just walked into his room while cutting off your words.

"Let's not argue about it okay?"

"How could we not!" You walked into the room. "Why would you-."

"Because I'm just protecting you, that's all."

"You do know I'm technically in charge of you.... Right."

"That doesn't mean anything. But that's besides the point." He closed the door once you entered and turned to face you. "You know at some point we're gonna have to deal with Ban's actions about you."

".....I know...it keeps popping up in my head."

"another reason why I don't want you both doing anything like that is. It's too late for Ban, but your emotions will be all over the place for him. I know you, you attach to even the smallest things."

"...okay...I get it....but don't act like you haven't before. What are we gonna do for the whole day."

"I'm gonna try my best to get you ready for the worst. I see how happy you are here, so I won't make you go back...but when he sends someone to get you, you should be prepared."

"...you're right...I guess."

"Don't worry. I know you'll be okay. I'll help but we both know this might end in you going back."

You nodded and looked to the side not wanting to think about it. Things have been so peaceful.
The freedom.
The love you've felt.
The since of adventure.
You loved it all so much, you couldn't ever dream about leaving it behind.
And Ban. His mind and heart would break in two, knowing he'd never see you again.

After going over and trying to figure out how your father would send demons to this world, Meliodas walked with you pretty far out of the kingdom just incase something goes wrong.

"I think this is far enough." He stoped walking and turned to you.

"So...how do I-....what do I do now." You were a bit confused and nervous since you have no idea how to fight like him. He put his hands down from over his head and started stretching.

The area was a huge clearing between some hills that looked like mountains. There were some trees but not many.

"For now. Let's work on your quick reflexes." He stretched and put his sword to the side.

"Right."

"right now, I'd say your power level is about 10,000. And your magic at 20,000. A bit of a large number, but I know you got more than that." He stood up straight and smiled.

"Wait. I don't know how to do any of this. I've never fought in an actual battle. Let's take things slow." You we're clearly nervous but Meliodas didn't care.

"You've seen a spar between me and Zeldris so I don't see why you won't be able to at least run. Now."

He gave you a second to prepare but in less than two, he was infront of you. Seeing him so close so fast made you jump. Before he could hit you, you managed to block his punch with both of your arms in an x form.

The blast pushed you back 50 yards kicking up dust and rocks. You flew back and managed to catch yourself on your hands and knees once you landed.

"Not bad. But don't hesitate." He quickly moved again but with more power. While trying to gather yourself, you started to focus.

The second you looked up, he was infront of you again. But this time, things seemed to be slowed down. As Meliodas swung his leg around for a strong kick, you managed to block it while standing your ground.

But the power behind his kick was more than you thought. His kick piushed both you the piece of land across the felid.

"Better. But not good enough."

1190 words
5/24/22
Published 5/29/22