Lost

The next day was like hell for your body. You did what Meliodas said you shouldn't and stayed up all night with Ban. But no matter how much your legs ache and your body thrived, you didn't care. Waking up next to him after a long and overdone night seemed to be the highlight of your life.

"Just couldn't have ever imagined." You whispered to yourself watching him sleep laying on his chest with his face turned towards you.

You moved closer and moved his arm over your waist so he held onto you, but once you did, in his sleep, Ban pulled you closer while moving to his side and cuddling you.

"I didn't mean to wake you." You spoke gently to him but there was no response. "Ban?" You waited a second before hearing a slight snore come from his mouth. Unable to help it, you smiled wide and buried your face in his chest, giggling at how he was still asleep.

It wasn't until an hour later when Meliodus knocked on the door, that he woke. Ban shook his head and put his face more into the pillow.

"I'm sure it's Meliodas."

"Mmmm noo." You moved his arm to allow you to get up but he put it back.
There was another knock this time but louder.

"Ban." You exhaled against his chest. "You know if you don't answer then he'll make his way in here some other way. Then probably hit you through another wall." He groaned in protest  and moved his arms more around you. "Baaaan come on." You moved his arms again. "I wanna stay put too but you know he's not gonna let that happen." You kissed his jaw and moved from his arms but he pulled you back down to the pillow as he sat up himself.

Ban moved the covers and curtains, stepping out of the bed. He banged on the door again.

"Yeah yeah I'm comin." Ban slid some pants on and opened the door.

"You know what time it is?"

"Huh... I don't know.. probably ... 7  in the morning."

"No and you're not drunk are you?"

"No.. why." It was pretty clear he was still intoxicated.

"Because we have a mission that you are late for." His eyes looked past Ban to the bed that was closed off by the curtain. The rod they were hanging from was now lopsided leaning to the left, your side of the bed. "And y/n is supposed to meet with Merlin before we leave."

"She's still sleeping can't she talk to Merlin after we get back."

"She can't."

"Huh?... and why's that."

"Because we will be gone for more than a week this time." Hearing that, Ban's eyes went wide, easily waking him up.

And just as life started to look perfect. The love and hero of your life is leaving you alone for who knows how long. It could take even longer than expected. Anything could happen.

"More than a week?! Captain you can't be serious.."

"As serious as you were smuggling a barrel of bear to and from the bar last night for refills"

"What. They were good. And y/n can agree. One reason she's still in bed." He wasn't lying. His grand idea of drinking while fucking sounded and even felt like a good idea until the morning came. The sun was 2 times brighter and when you tried to sit up earlier, your head was spinning. "But back to the mission. I'm not leaving her here. I can't."

"She can't come. She has to stay, the king doesn't even know she's here. Look I know what that means but I'm sure she will be fine. The faster we leave, the faster you come back and make sure she's okay. Get dressed." Meliodas left him with that and went to join the others, waiting for him.