You Promised

Bans POV

I couldn't believe it. She was standing right infront of me. My y/n was alive.. but how? That man before was practically a zombie, but looking at her eyes, her soul is here in her body.

From pushing Jeriko out the way and taking the hit, my blood stained her hand. I watched as her tattered body slowly healed, letting her bones crack into place and her feathers grow more and more by the second.

"Y/n... this can't be real." I scanned her face before we both leaned in kissing one another like time hadn't passed at all. I pulled her into my embrace as my hands went through her hair and gripped tightly around her waist.

Pulling away, we smiled at one another and kissed again. I hadn't felt this much happiness since the last night we spent together, so long ago.

"Hey.. hold on! What do you think you're doing with her!"

We pulled away slowly but not without keeping our hands on each other.

"Doesn't this seem a little weird to you at all?!" Jeriko questioned this situation like anyone would.

"What? There's no doubt about it. This is the real Y/n."

"That's not what I'm talking about here! That woman just ran up, tried to kill you and kissed you!"

"Don't worry about it. I'm not gonna die and it doesn't look like you're-."

"I don't think I like your attitude." She raised her hand about to blast her away with a fire attack but I grabbed her arm stoping her.

"Princess cut it out. She's not against us being together."

"That's not it. She's trying to steal you away from me." Y/n shot the attack, blowing Jeriko away. She moved from my arms and flew over to her, landing just infront of Jeriko ready to finish her off.

"You bitch. Why the hell are you trying to kill us!"

"Shut up and go to sleep." She did the spell again but I stopped her this time by pulling her hand away, letting the flames go elsewhere.

"Hey come on. Stop it."

"Why are you taking her side?"

"I'm not. You're the only woman for me." I kissed her cheek from behind. "I love you. No one else." But then she struck me with her wing, cutting my chest.

"If that's the truth then why are you protecting her?"

~Something's not right~

She stuck me over and over until I bled and my jacket was no longer there, going on and on about how she knew I couldn't have waited. About how she had doubts about how much I would stay true to our relationship and my promise.

"Coming here. Back to life. My eyes have been exposed to something that I feared! You moved on from me. You didn't care that I was dead did you! That I was being tortured ever second, every minute while you were screwing some human girl!!"

"That's not true. Tell me what's wrong. What happened to you? I'm here now. You're safe now."

"You idiot!" I tried to grab her arms to calm her down but she struck me once again, doing a spell to cut me all over. I fell to the floor as she kept Jeriko away with another attack. I could tell this wasn't her. She was being controlled. And with her power under this spell. I didn't know what would happen. No one does.

I struggled to sit up and yelled out for Jeriko to keep her distance, but instead she fought back and tackled y/n to the ground.

"Stop it. She's not herself right now!!"

-Y/n POV

"You bitch! How could you say you love him when you abuse him until he bleeds!"

"I do love him! And what could a human like you even know about love!"

"I love him!"

"Then you'll die."

"Listen to yourself. If you're anything like what I've heard of these past days with Ban as he searched for a way to get to you. You know this is wrong! He said you were kind and loving. Weak but strong hearted. All I see is a bitch with a fake love for the man that I am willing to drop anything and everything for!"

"I do love Ban! He is mine and mine alone!"

"Then why strike him the way you did!!"

"I... I would never-... I would never hurt him!!"

"But you did!!"

The both of you argued as Jeriko kept you pinned to the ground. Ban pulled himself to his feet. But as he grew closer, Jeriko was pushed off of you by magic as you grabbed her head screaming in pain.

"What is happening to me! I can't control my body. Someone stop me- help me!! Please!!." Wind and hell fire started to surround you while the atmosphere even miles away, changed filling with your magic. The ground beneath you cracked as the sun started to disappear behind storm clouds as you screamed out in terror and pain sending-

Ban pulled you from the middle of the chaos into his arms making your mind and entire being pause, focusing on him. He took deep breaths from the burns he received to get to you, but that didn't stop him from holding you close.

"Remember that promise I made. I never broke it. I've been looking for a way in this whole time. A way to get you back. A way to make you mine once again. From now on, you're mine once more and I am yours. No one else's."

Tears dripped down your face as you began to cry just listening to him.

"I've got you back. Let's stay together. No more splitting up. Let's stay together forever. Okay?" Tears just poured from your eyes as you began to sob into his chest.

"How could I hurt you like that! I never wanted you to see this demon side of me. It's so ugly and horrible. I'm so horrible.

"I'm Bandit Ban remember. And one of the Seven Deadly Sins. No matter how ugly that perfect side of you may be. I'll always steal it like I stole you away from home. Not to mention that heart of yours aswell." You giggled listening to him but slowly you began to grow weak.

"I missed you... so much." Speaking to him softly, slowly your body went limp and your eyes closed with the last thing you heard being Ban's voice, yelling for you to stay alive.

But just a second after, your eyes opened. And you were back in that hell hole so called home. Feeling fear and loneliness all over again.

1120 words
Published 4/8/24