Blueberry Mornings Part 2

"Hey mom?" She called into the living room. "We grow boom berries out back right? I want to try making the wiggenweld potion."

"Don't forget the honey water!" Her mother replied. "And when you go to Diagon Alley tomorrow grab more Salamanders Blood, we need a restock."

"Ok!" Venus replied, waving her wand. "Accio boom berries."

She took her crushed up snowdrops and set them in the tea pot, pouring the heated water into it. She caught the berries flying in from the open window and set them down beside her. The oven timer went off the Venus opened the oven door with her foot, levitating out the hot mold. She turned her head away from her book and inhaled, exhaling a cold breeze on the newly proofed muffins.

"All done!" She said, levitating her book, the tea pot, and a plate of muffins into the living room where her parents sat.

"Thank you Snowflake."

"No problem dad. Come here Crystal." She called to the blue owl that flew in from the kitchen. "Here." Venus fed her part of a muffin, stroking her head gently as she ate. She took a cup and poured some tea out for the bird, letting her slip away happily.

Mornings at Frost Mansion were normally like this. Everyone around a table, eating together, with a book at their side.

Another owl flew in through the open windows and landed on her mother's shoulder.

"Good morning Jane Austin, do you have the post?" Venus asked the owl, holding out a muffin in return for the letter in her beak. They switched items and the girl looked through the letters.

"Dad, this one's for you." she said, handing him a thick parchment with the Ministry's crest. "Mom." He mother took the other letter from her daughter and broke open the wax lavender sprig crest on the front.

"They need me in at the office on Tuesday." Her father said, burning the letter with the candle in front of them.

"They need me at St. Mungo's" her mother said. Both adults looked at each other with skeptical, knowing looks and looked at their daughter.

"Are you still going to Diagon Alley with Willow and Ethan on Tuesday?"

"Yes." Venus replied, sipping her tea, knowing her parents plan. Keep her out of the house, safe and away from the crossfires of the Ministry.

Throughout the years, multiple times, Ministry officials tried to go to Frost Mansion to convince the family to let Venus become an auror. Her parents declined every time, saying it was her choice when she came of age, and that they couldn't force anything upon her. The Ministry however, was relentless, and continuously tried to get the girl to sign with them. She was young, talented, naturally gifted and had special abilities that they could abuse. The perfect puppet.

Venus snapped her mind back into the current discussion.

"I will leave around 8 on Tuesday."

"Great." Her mother agreed.

Venus was excited to see her friends. They had been exchanging letters over break and planned to meet up at diagon alley.

"I'm so excited! I wonder if they have that new copy of Fantastic Beasts?" she asked, sippingg her tea.

"If they do, buy two copies and send it with Crystal, I've been dying to read it." her mother said, flipping the page in her book.

"I will. Do we need anything else for the apothecary?" she asked making a list of the items she already needed.

"No Darling, not that I know of. But grab me some exploding bon bons from Honeydukes will you? Ive been craving them lately." Her father requested, taking a bite from his muffin.

"No problem dad."