3- That Night

1 day after s3 ep8

❀. ❀. ❀.

❀. ❀. ❀.

After hanging up on the girl I take a deep breath before sitting at my window seat to look down at the empty but life full street.

There were a couple of kids on bikes playing around, the street lights had just turned on but the sky is still light.

"You won't believe this!" I hear Ophelia's voice at my door way and I look over at the girl who's eyes are wide with shock "what?" I say kid of worried but not showing it.

"You know Billy hot Billy?!" Ophelia says sitting on my double bed "yeah the new guy?" I answer now sitting up straight nervously.

Ophelia hesitates for a moment, this is the first time in a while she's spoken to me without insulting me so I know this is serious "apparently he died," she whispers and I scoff.

"What do you mean? Who told you this?" I say not sounding convinced "you know Sandra her dads a police officer and last night they got called to the Star-court Mall apparently there was a whole thing," Ophelia looks so shocked.

"Wow so it'll be on the news?" my heart skips a beat when I realise that happened the same night as I somehow used my mind to stop that water droplet mid air "yeah probably, this is down right crazy."

My eyes are widened now as I feel like this is only the beginning "I think Shirley's home I'm gonna ask her if she's heard anything," Ophelia says getting up and leaving the room to talk to my mom who is a reporter.

I stare straight ahead little tears forming in my eyes as I feel this pit in my stomach, I don't know what to do? I somehow have mind powers and a high school kid is dead. Hopefully it's another Will Byers situation.

"Shay! Mom wants us!" Lori says running up to my doorway with a worried look on her face, I quickly ran downstairs with my sister. We get to the lounge to see my my mom sitting on the couch crying with Patrick comforting her.

Me and Lori stand next to each other confused on what's going on and Ophelia is on the single couch looking sad also "I think we need to have a discussion before Kevin comes home from baseball practice," my mom speaks up.

"Sit down girls," Patrick says me and Lori quickly make our way to the couch "so a huge accident happened in Star Court, about thirty were found dead, including Jim Hopper and Billy Hargrove," my mom speaks and I gasp.