Chapter 2

"So Officer Jenny won't let you do anything music related?" Ash asked.

Jenna sighed hesitantly. "Yeppers peppers. But too bad for her! Once I turn eighteen... She can't control me anymore!"

Ash snorted.

Jenna looked at him funny, but shrugged it off. "So, why'd you come after me?"

"I thought you might need a friend," Ash said, hesitantly. Why had he gone after her?

Jenna nodded. She twirled around the branch, before hopping down. "So, what you want to do?"

Eevee trotted up to Jenna, tapping her foot.

"Yeah, Eve?" She reached down, to pick up her phone which was in Eevee's mouth. "My performance is in 20 minutes!? Oh, my Arceus! I need to get my outfit!"

Ash called after her. "Where's it at!?"

"Pokémon School!" Jenna responded back.

Ash nodded, and then his eyes widened. "Wait, I thought today was Sunday!"

§

Ash walked up to where everyone was crowded, and his class laughed at him.

"What took you so long?" Mallow teased.

"Professor didn't tell me! He left before I woke up!" Ash pointed at Kukui.

Kukui laughed nervously. "I had to get the stage set up."

Boom!

Everyone's heads snapped to the stage.

Jenna was there, smoke under her feet. She wore a jean jacket, black leggings, and a blank white T-shirt.

"Let's get started, shall we?" She leaned on the microphone.

The crowd cheered. "Is she famous or something?" Ash whispered to Lillie.

Lillie nodded. "She goes here, not in our class sadly, but she does a concert monthly! This is your first one... So excited!" Lillie's eyes shined.

"I guess Lillie likes her..."

Jenna cleared her throat. " I wake up to the sounds, of the silence that allows. For my mind to run around, with my ear up to the ground. I'm searching to behold, the stories that are told. When my back is to the world, that was smiling when I turned."

Police sirens could be heard in the distance, but it could barely be heard over the crowd going insane.

Jenna bent down. "Tell you you're the greatest... But once you turn, they hate us."

She popped back up.

Smoke flew into the air in streams behind her. "Oh, the misery! Everybody wants to be my enemy! Spare the sympathy, everybody wants to be my enemy!" She glared at the cop car pulling up at the fence with a low growl.

"Look out for yourself!" The crowd cheered.

Jenna snapped out of her trance and looked back down at her adoring fans. "My enemy."

"Look! Look! Look! Look!" The crowd sang, all out of chorus. "Look out for yourself!"

"But I'm ready," Jenna spat into the microphone as the cop car'a door slammed shut, Officer Jenny's furious face heading out.

"Your words up on the wall, as you're praying for my fall." She dangled her left leg over the edge of the stage. "And the laughter in the halls, and the names that I've been called... I stack it in my mind, and I'm waiting for the time."

She stepped onto the edge of the stage, her balls of her feet barely touching the stage. "When I show you what it's like, to be words spit in a mic."

Officer Jenny crawled through the crowd, being shoved and ignored as if she were a mere student.

"Tell you you're the greatest... But once you turn, they hate us!" She pointed to the audience, fire dancing in her eyes.

"Huh!"

"Oh, the misery! Everybody wants to be my enemy! Spare the sympathy! Everybody wants to be, my enemy!"

"Look! Look! Look! Look! Look out for yourself!"

"My enemy!"

Look! Look! Look! Look! Look out for yourself!"

Officer Jenny had reached the stage by then, and was gritting her teeth.

Jenna smiled, bending down to her mother.

"Uh, look. Okay, I'm hoping that somebody pray for me. I'm praying that somebody hope for me. I'm staying where nobody 'posed to be. P-P-Posted, being a wreck of emotions. Ready to go whenever, just let me know. The road is long, so put the pedal into the floor. The enemy on my trail, my energy unavailable. I'ma tell 'em hasta luego."

Officer Jenny swam through the crowd to the side, reaching for something from her belt.

Jenna smiled, feeling as if her goal was accomplished.

"They wanna plot on my trot to the top. I've been outta shape, thinkin' out the box, I'm an astronaut. I blasted off the planet rock to cause catastrophe. And it matters more because I had it not. Had I thought about wreaking havoc on an opposition. Kinda shocking they wanted static with precision, I'm automatic. Quarterback, I ain't talkin' sacking. Pack it, pack it up, I don't panic. Batter, batter up, who the baddest? It don't matter 'cause we at your throat."

Officer Jenny had gotten onto the stage.

Jenna's microphone was knocked out of her hand. Everyone's heads snapped to Officer Jenny. "Mom! You don't just through your baton at your daughter! If that hit me, I would've gotten a black eye!"

"I just went over this," Officer Jenna stomped up to Jenna. "You are not singing."

Jenna laughed, picking up her microphone. "Everybody wants to be my enemy. Spare the sympathy! Everybody wants to be, my ene-" She gasped, as Officer Jenny pulled out a taser and zapped Jenna.