Chapter 6

"Hahaha!" A voice cackled over them.

"Huh?" Everyone looked up, to see an old man with a very long beard.

"To get this Lucarionite," He gestured to the two stones shining in the black pillar. "You must battle me... To prove worthy of it!"

Jenna sighed, then got into battle mode. "Got it! Psychic against Psychic! Espe-"

"Hold it!" The old man commanded. "You must use your Lucarios, to see if you can even comprehend the bond..."

"Ok! Ash, let's go!" Ash nodded.

"Lucario! Close combat!"

"Aura sphere!"

"Psybeam!"

"Swords dance!"

"Calm mind!"

"Aura sphere!"

"Close combat repetitive!"

"Heal pulse!"

"Reflect!"

"Teleport!"

The battle continued, until finally both the Lucarios jumped onto the black tower, smashed it, gaining the Lucarionite.

"Yeah!" Ash and Jenna high-fived.

Goh watched from afar.

Ping!

Goh put a hand up to his heart. What was this? I've never felt this before... Could it be... Jealousy?

Everyone soon got back to the Shalour City Gym, and Ash's Rotom-Phone rang. "Hmm? Oh, nice! A rematch!"

Jenna glanced over her shoulder, holding in a laugh. "G-great..."

"I want to come!" Korrina begged.

"Uhm, sure?"

"I can't," Jenna answered quickly. "One of my friend's dad is a Professor, and he was offering if I wanted to be a research person there."

"What Professor?" Goh asked.

"Professor Cerise-"

"What!?" Goh and Ash gasped. "We're research partners there!"

Jenna looked at the two, and then smiled. "Looks like I'll be working with you, then!" Then she went over to Korrina and whispered something in her ear. Korrina whispered back.

Jenna and Korrina giggled.