Chapter 15

Jenna's funeral was held about week ago, and everyone was trying to get used to this new adjustment.

Ash and Goh had stopped doing research for a little, Professor Cerise knowing how big of a deal this was. He would never dream of making the boys work under these conditions.

The Shalour City gym has been closed, Korrina refusing to battle while mourning Jenna's disappearance. A riot had formed around the beach, people angry and wanting to battle. Good thing the gym was closed off by the ocean...

Leon had stopped taking battle challenges, at least for the time being. Being Jenna's older brother, he missed her just as much as Chloe. But... Being mature and older than her, he knew how to handle it better.

Chloe was the worst. She had been given all of Jenna's Pokémon, and would surround herself in them. It didn't help it, would just remind her more of Jenna. Lucario had died then, too. All the Pokémon were grieving.

"Well, you see-" Jenna began. Chloe interrupted by kissing her cheek and Jenna immediately froze.

Everyone stood there.

"What!?" Ash and Goh shrieked.

"We're dating! We've been in a long distance relationship for about a few months now," Chloe said innocently.

Chloe cried at the thought. What happened? Why did you die so suddenly..? I wish I could ask you all of this...

"C-chloe," Her memories flashed back to when Jenna had confessed. "R-remember when you told me you had no interest in boys..? That you were... Lesbian?"

Chloe placed her hand up to Jenna's forehead. "Are you feeling ok? You're not acting yourself."

Jenna turned crimson. She then grabbed Chloe's wrist, and kissed her.

Chloe stood there, shocked.

"I love you..." Jenna murmured.

Chloe giggled, before tackling Jenna into the grass. "I love you too, you big goofball!"

Jenna giggled along with Chloe. She grabbed a flower, and placed it in Chloe's hair. "Your beautiful."

"Just as beautiful as you are!" Chloe shot back.

"J-just... As beautiful as you are..." Chloe repeated. She put her face up to her pillow, and wept a little.

"Don't worry! As long as we're together, I won't let anyone take you! You're my girlfriend, after all."

Chloe gasped, turning around. She thought she saw Jenna. She reached out to her, tears still streaming. "Jenna... I found..." As soon as her finger hit Jenna's cheek, Jenna faded away into dust. "...You..."

Chloe took her hand back. She was hallucinating. She had to stop this. Jenna wouldn't want this. No, she wouldn't.

Chloe stood up, opening her window. She jerked back, the sunlight seeming fresh and brand new to her.

She stomped into the bathroom, seeing her hair a tangled mess. After dealing with that forest, she put on some fresh clothes. She clamped a pink heart necklace around her. Jenna had given it to her, when they were in Galar. Before she...

Chloe sighed, wiping away the tears.

She walked into the kitchen. Professor Cerise nearly dropped his mug. "C-chloe... You came out of your room..."

Chloe walked further, reluctantly. "I know Jenna wouldn't want me to be this mess," She said.

"I'm just... Glad you're back."

Chloe smiled. She looked out the window, seeing Jenna wave at her with a warm smile, before disappearing in the wind. She ran to the window and opened it, taken in the fresh air as petals from her mother's garden filled her hair.

"Jenna... I love you. I'll never forget you..."

"I love you, too. I'll cuddle ya later..." The petals whispered, in the wind.

Chloe wiped the tears away.

"I'm ready, Jenna. Thank you for teaching me... How to love."

~

Jenna turned to her fellow Aura Guardians, who also looked frightened. "Riley! Tristan! We need to keep them out!"

A claw clamped around the two she has just addressed, and she watched in horror as the life was sucked out of their bodies.

This was done to all the Aura Guardians, but when it came to her, it had shocked her. "How is it touching us..?" Jenna whimpered. "Our bodies aren't here! What kind of technology do they have..?"