the perfect wife he wanted her to be

She's breaking.

She's finally breaking. After months and months of constant mental torture, she's finally gonna accept him. The ring on her finger, that's what convinced her to love him.

She's finally gonna be the loving wife to him.

She's finally going to kiss him on the cheek everyday.

She's finally greeting him with kisses every morning.

She's finally gonna be the first person he sees when he wakes up.

She's finally the perfect, loving wife.

She's finally perfect.

Perfect, perfect perfect.

He almost cried out in happiness when she finally, finally said the words he always wanted it hear coming out from her lips.

I love you.

He loves her too. Unconditionally. He loves her so, so, so much.

Caressing her tear-stained cheeks, he kissed her forehead lovingly like a perfect husband would do to his wife.

Amane felt ecstatic when we wraps her arms around his back.

"I can finally call you by your first name, Yashiro Nene." He looked down at her, peppering her faces with kisses. "My Nene." He picked her up elegantly, nuzzling his nose against hers. "I'm gonna write a book about us, our romantic love story. Isn't that wonderful darling?"

Nene didn't say anything but nod her head, her eyes still has the same eye color but no signs of sparkle in it. But she's smiling.

(4 months later)

"Welcome home, dear. How was work?"

"..."

"Dear?"

What's happening?

"Dear? What's wrong?"

What the hell is happening.

Just months ago, he felt complete, loved, whenever she greets him. Whenever she gave him her loving smile like a wife would do to her husband who got home from a tiring day at work.

But now..

It felt fake.

So, so fake.

Isn't she already the perfect wife? The wife he wanted her to be? The loving, caring wife he would always be craving?

But what's with that smile... That fake smile.

It was like an imposter, a fake copy of her was... his wife. Acting like his wife.

No.

No, no, no.

She is his wife.

All his hard work for her to finally break, this all couldn't go to waste! It can't be. It can't just go down the drain! It doesn't make sense! Zero sense at all!

Her voice sounds fake. Everything about her seems so fake.

But how? She was fine just yesterday.

Someone mimicked her actions.

Maybe you're just tired.

She's a fake.

Tired.

Someone had stolen your wife from you, this imposter is nothing. She's not your wife.

You're just tired from work. Hug her and you'll feel better.

She's cold.

Just ignore the feeling of something sharp being pointed at your back, and hug her.

Why can't you notice the wicked smile on her face?

It hurts.

...

She wasn't a perfect, loving wife you wanted her to be.