Chapter Seven

"Okay, first question," Tyler started, "When did you start to like me?"

That was an easy question. "Umm... You probably don't remember this, but it was when I had just moved here. You yelled at one of your friends because they did something.. I think you accused them of stealing a laptop or something. I think it was Delirious--"

"Oh yeah.. That was the day we were left alone, and that was one of the biggest mistakes our gang has ever made, but continue with your story." He said, looking at me.

"Okay, so you do remember that day." He nods, as in to say 'obviously', "Well, I heard that entire conversation and the fight. It sounded horrendous. I wanted to go up and check on you guys, to see if you were fine, but that would probably be weird, you know, a random girl checking to see if two grown men are all right. But when you went out to, I presume more training afterwards, I made sure that I was on the same elevator ride as you. I wanted to know at least one person who was involved in the fight.. I was the one in the elevator with you that day.. I just wanted to see what you looked like.." I put my head down, feeling embarrassed. "That day, my first day here, I grew to have a crush on you.."

I keep my head down. "Look at me." He says. I shake my head to say no. He gets a little stern with me though. "Please look at me Marcie." I note the seriousness in his voice, and I make eye contact. "I always wanted to know who was in the elevator with me that day. I thought they looked adorable, but I was too mad to talk to that per-- You. I wanted to, then I started to notice you in the lobby every day. I was too scared and nervous to talk to you.."

I look at him in shock. He takes my hand. "Marcie, I know you don't want to date right now, and I don't either, well, not now, but I just want you to know, I'm in love with you."

He stands up, and I'm still cross-legged on the island's counter top. He uncrosses my legs, pulls me toward him to the edge, where my feet are dangling down. He stands in between my knees, puts both of his hands on my waist, and keeps me close. I snake my arms around his neck, and he leans down, connecting his lips with mine. I pull him closer, and he pulls me to his body. At this point, I don't care anymore. I know I'm in love with Tyler, and now I know that he's in love with me. We won't date yet, and I think that one, because we don't know a whole lot about each other, and two, is his friends. I know most of them like me, but I'm not sure about Trinity..

We separate, desperate for air. We're both trying to catch our breaths. He puts his forehead to mine. "I love you Marcie.." Tyler says.

I smile, trying not to scream. "I love you Tyler." I say.

We stay like that for quite some time, not wanting to move or break the silence. I stay sitting on the counter, but I remove my hands from his neck, and hug his waist. He hesitates his next move, but finally moves his arms around my neck and shoulders, hugging me back. I bury my face in his chest, enjoying this feeling of protection. I breath in the scent of bare chest, the Old Spice scent that hasn't worn off from his shower last night.

I close my eyes, and think, 'Will my dream or something like that come true?' I sure hope so..

We let go of each other, and he cupped my cheeks. I put one of my hands on one of his. "Marcie, I'm really glad I met you.."

I look into his eyes. "I'm really glad we met each other too.."

He kissed my forehead, and we both hear a knocking at my door. He sighs, and moves out of the way so I can answer it. I get up from my seat on the counter, and walk towards the door. The person is getting furious it seems like. They're banging on the door like their life depended on it. I look to Tyler, and he walks with me to the door.

We both get to the door, and he steps to the side. The person is starting to yell now. "Marcie! I know you're in there! Open this fucking door right fucking now!"

That voice.. I know that voice.. I look to Tyler, and he sees the terror in my eyes. I look through the peep hole, and my thoughts were confirmed.. The person that is at my door.. Is non other than, my ex boyfriend.. Jake.. The one that stalked me and beat me..

I get cold all of a sudden.. He has figured out where I lived. I look to Tyler once more, and he mouths, 'I'm here for you. If he tries anything, he's getting his ass kicked.' I nod.

I open the door, and Tyler hides behind it. Hopefully Jake doesn't know he's there. Jake saunters in, pushing me to the wall. I make a hand gesture to Tyler, motioning him to not do anything yet.

"Jake.." I say. "W-w-what are you doing here?'

I look into his eyes. They're filled with pure anger. "You little fucking bitch. Trying to move out of town, to escape me?! You should know better, and now, you're gonna pay!"

I widen my eyes, indicating for Tyler to take some action, but it was too late. Jake raised his fist, and it made contact with my nose. The back of my head hit the wall with a loud bang, and I fell to the floor.

"You're dead you asshole!" I hear Tyler yell.

I try to get up, but I stumble in the process. I finally make it to the living room, hiding behind one couch, because I know that this will end badly..

-----------------

Hey everyone! I'm feeling slightly better today, so I might update the next chapter tonight if that's fine with you.. I still feel like crap, so to calm me down, I just started writing. I don't know why it calmed me down, but it did. I guess it kept my mind off everything..

But it's up to you guys if I update again or not. But thank you all so much for the support, and I know I've said it before, but oh well. I love you guys!

Anyways, thank you all so much for reading, and I will see you... In the next chapter.. BYYEE!!!!!