Chapter 9: Mengs sick days.

No one's Pov.

As the doors of the demon slayer headquarters open. Cho, Inosuke, and Tanjiro walk in with Kanao and Zenitsu behind the stretchers that the modern Kakushi were carrying. We need lady Kocho here! Zenitsu yelled out as one of the other doctors ran up. What is his condition? The doctor asked as a member of the kakushi stopped the ganpachiro squad from going any further. Except for Cho who moved passed the Kakushi and tried to walk with Meng. Ms Miyamoto, you need to wait right here. One of the Kakushi demanded as Cho attempts to run after Meng. He is my partner, I need to make sure he is okay. Cho stated as the Kakushi continues to hold her back. Please, he is my partner. I need to make sure he is okay, let me thru now! Cho Demanded before Meng entered another room.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Timeskip to three days later.

Kanao's Pov.

As the school bell rang, I grabbed my bag and looked behind me to see Cho's empty desk. She hasn't been here for three days and it was my turn to take her homework and notes. You see, Sikanu-kun apparently had a peice of a broken throwing knife stuck to his side, and he attempted to take it out on his own but ended up messing up the procedure. And to be honest I was shocked to see Sikanu-kun in that type of condition.

I was honestly scarred out of my mind when I was in the van with the others. Me and Cho were in charge to make sure Meng doesn't fall asleep, she even went as far to slap him. Of course while he was slightly unconscious Meng slapped her back with brute force, which was a good sign but it took Inosuke to hold Cho back from kicking Mengs ass while I held back the unconscious and fatally injured Meng from killing Cho.

But other then that I was honestly scared put of my mind. He looked so pale and his breath was so weak. And the worst part was that I yelled at him. I saw how tired he looked but I thought he was just being rude or immature. I should have seen the signs, I should have at least checked on him before lecturing him. Hey Kanao. Suddenly Aoi walked up to me as I walked out the hallway. Isnt it weird that Meng isn't here? He hasn't been in the apartments either buf I thought he'd be attending school. Aoi pointed out as she says Mengs name so formally.

It's honestly a bit irritating but I kept it in. Yeah, him and Cho-chan just argued again so he doesn't want to deal with her. I lied as Aoi sighs. Some guys think that just because they have attitude, that they can do whatever they want. Aoi points out as her words were making me feel uneasy. But that's what foreigners do, nothing but punks and usually do whatever they want because they aren't born her- That's not true. I pointed out as Aoi stopped talking.

You see, I was referring to when me and Meng were taking on the roof top on the day I took him into the corpse. The flashback played back to me as he looks up to the sky with his helmet on his lap. I get that most people think that sense I'm Chinese that I don't belong in Japan. Meng points out as he took out his cracked phone and showed me his birth certificate. But I was born here, its just that people don't believe me. Meng points out as I looked at the certificate. You know, I may not show it. But I do actually get my feelings hurt alot. Meng points out as I looked at him with curiosity.

I would then go on and speak without my coin, but I wouldn't realise it til the next day. So why do you hide it? I asked as Meng remains silent while moving his mouth around. Someone once told me that if I wanted to be affective of what I do. I had to learn to hide everything while push the people that try to get involved away. Meng points out as I didn't quite understand what he meant.

He would then hold up his arm and show me the small scars. If I felt physical pain, I'm not allow to show to others. Instead I go to sleep after I treat myself. Meng then points to his chest. If I get hurt during any of my missions. I'm not allow to stand down. No matter how bad I am, unless I dead then I go on. Meng points out as I asked him a question. What happens if your really hurt, And someone is trying to help you? I'd asked him as he looks at me.