Chapter Twenty Nine: Date Night

Having a big family, there was always something going on, a birthday, first steps, first cry, first fight, first day back from the hospital with the new baby, first day of school, drop ups, pick ups but one thing that was always consistent is there was always a family meeting.

Everyone was gathered around the table for another Smith family meeting.

It was around the dining table. Everyone was having lunch. It was a nice way to start the weekend.
Lunch was spaghetti and meat balls, everyone had a plate of spaghetti and meatballs in front of them.
Everyone was busy eating their food,the younger ones Cole and Maya were eating their foods excitedly. Mom and Dad were sitting right next to d
C Ccc yum each other and mom was holding baby grace.

"Big announcement kids." Dad said. He was standing in front of the table "We are doing the wedding renewal next weekend."

I was happy for them, my parents really show what to look for in a marriage and I can't wait to celebrate their vow renewals with them, granted it should have happened a while ago but it just kept getting pushed back.

Everyone started clapping. Isaac looked amused, while Cole and Maya were giving theirselves high fives, Baby Grace didn't know what was happening but she was jumping and cackling.

Mom looked so happy, she was standing right next to dad." Lily, we have so much to do, you know we have been doing putting this off for a while but I feel it is now or never."

There was the cake, music, seating, decorating, dresses and tux. So much to do.

Mom looked stressed out even thinking about everything to do "Yeah, so i got an event planner to help us cause I can't do this alone and  you know you all have school and I have baby grace to look after 24/7."

"Isaac, you have to help out too. " Mom said pointing at him. "Put in more with Cole , Maya while we plan the wedding."

Isaac looked annoyed. "But I have band practice and twitch-"

"I'll stop you right there, if you don't help out, you are grounded." Mom said cutting him off.

Mom was definitely the strict type. Mom was the strict type. She was definitely the mom you wouldn't want to mess with.

With the prospect of being grounded, wheels started turning in his head, "Cole and Maya why don't we go to the park today after school." Isaac said smiling.

Everyone burst into laughter.
_________

In my room on my bed, listening to music loud on my boom box really does come down the nerves.

A text message pinged on my phone.  Looking at the screen, it was from Timmy.

Hey.

I was typing when my phone started ringing.

It was from Timmy. I rolled my eyes. I tapped answer on the call.

"Hi." He said.

"Hiiiiiii." I said in a low voice awkwardly.

Ever since we both admitted we like each other, i didn't know how to act around him, it is like a switch went on in my brain and i became awkward.

"Is something wrong? Your voice sounds weird." He sounded concerned.
We
"No," I said adjusting my voice. "I'm cool, I'm good, what's up?"

Darn it, he recognized right away that i was awkward.

"I have been thinking about it and let's go on the date tonight."

Tonight? Woah that's so soon.

"Tonight??"

"I know, I know i said i wouldn't rush you but honestly i have been waiting and thinking of the right time but feel like there will never be a right time to go on the date, let's just go and see what happens."