Chapter Twenty: Explanations

"Is it true?"

My hands are shaking. I felt so angry. I could kill him. I was trying so hard to control my anger. We were in such a good place and now this?

"Lily I-"

"Answer the damn question. Is it true?" I said rolling my eyes.

"No. Let me explain" He said putting his arms on top of mine. I immediately removed my arms from his. He noticed that and had a worried look on his face. He sat up straight. His hands were shaking.

We were still in the garden.  We were both still sitting on the bench.

"When I met Hailey I instantly felt a connection to her. We both started flirting and hanging out with each other. Then I found out from people she had a boyfriend Timmy.
I confronted her and told her it wasn't right to be blurring the lines and then I cut her off. 
After a week or two she reached out to me and told me she dumped her boyfriend because she was in love with me. We started dating and we were happy for some time but it's over."

Listening to his explanation. What I could understand is that there are two sides to a story. Timmy seemed so angry with me for continuing to stand by Noah.

I don't even know what to believe anymore.

"So what Timmy said was true. You stole his girlfriend."

I stood up from the bench. Timmy also stood up.

"I didn't steal her," He said air quitting with his hands. "I let her go I didn't want to be the other man. Nothing ever happened between us until after they had broken up."

I was beyond pissed off. He should have told me this info as soon as we started to know each other.

"Why didn't you tell me all this while?" I said angrily folding my arms. "You think it's fun finding out from Timmy?" I said angrily hitting his shoulder.

"I'm sorry so so sorry."He said. Bit of tears welled his eyes. He looked so upset. "I wanted to tell you I really did but there seemed to be a right time. That was a dark time in my life and I worked hard to forget about it. She cheated on me because I wasn't ready to have sex."

"So you're trying to say. You refused sex."

"Yes I did I wasn't ready then and even till today I've been holding out on having sex till I'm with the right person."

"You're just trying to manipulate me. Don't you think I'll fall for it-"

"I'm not trying to manipulate you I just want your forgiveness. You are everything to me and you know that." He said holding my hand.

"Let go of me." I said releasing my hand from his. Tears were dripping from my face."I want to go home."

That's when I saw something I never thought I would see. Noah knelt down. He held my hands.

"Fine. If you really need to go. I just want you to know I don't want to lose you. You're very important to me and I want you to know that."

He got up from the floor and stood up straight.

"I want to go home."

He drove me back home.

_______

We were back at my house. We had just arrived. Noah drove the car into our driveway and parked I was feeling emotionally drained.

I unlocked the car door and got down from his car.

We didn't talk the drive home but now that we had arrived I felt I just wanted to say what was in my mind.