1.4 Sleep with one eye open

Hinami has been avoiding Asahi ever since his confession.

It made his mission a bit easier. Ezequiel doesn't have to be cautious 24/7 around Asahi because he can't give any weird food or drinks that had a love potion to Hinami the less they interact. 

From: Hinami

I'm sorry I won't be joining you and Asahi. I've got some club activities later.  (^o^)

Ezequiel closed his phone when he read the message. He looked at Asahi, who was still looking at the school building waiting for Hinami. They had been waiting for at least 2 hours, and almost all the students had gotten home. Ezequiel bit back a snarky remark. The combination of lack of sleep and Isaac's emotions getting out of control occasionally made Ezequiel more pissed off than usual. Taking in a sharp breath, Ezequiel forced himself to function like a normal civilian.

"Hinami won't be coming. She has club activities."

"I see...Let's go. " Asahi stared at the ground. His shoulders were slumped and a heavy sigh escaped his lips. Although the three childhood friends are rich kids and have their own cars, It was like their tradition to walk together on the way home and before going to school. They rarely miss a chance to do it, but now things might get different. 

Asahi walked aimlessly, occasionally tripping out of thin air. He is holding his necklace tightly, like he is afraid to lose it if he let go.

"Should I just call your driver?" Asahi appears to have survived an apocalypse, and he most likely cried his eyes out.

"You don't have to. I can manage." Asahi smiled, trying to convince Ezequiel he was okay and yet his legs wobbled like jelly. 

'Who are you lying to, bro?' Ezequiel scrunched his face and just scratched his head. He slowed down his pace to match Asahi's. A chime of notification rang on Ezequiel's head. The holographic screen appeared on his screen. 

[Have a sleepover with Asahi and watch a movie.]

[Rewards: 250 points ]

Accept or deny 

250 points? For a sleepover? Now that sounds suspicious. He wouldn't get killed in his sleep, right? Ezequiel was uncomfortable having other people around him. Yes, he had received Isaac's memories, which is why he is unnaturally comfortable around this guy, but it made him strangely uncomfortable and weird.

But 200 points sounds tempting and he will be completely paid off from his debt. It doesn't sound bad, but it's kind of suspicious if all he needs to do is get paid for watching a movie and letting Asahi sleep at his house. 

"Um... Isaac-kun, can I sleep at your place?" Asahi hesitantly asked. He fiddles nervously with his necklace. "I don't want Tou-san and Kaasan to see me looking like this." His eyes are red and puffy like a bee stung it. His uniform is messy and has dried snot on it. 

What a highly suspicious coincidence. 

"Ok, just tell your parents that you will be staying at my place." Digging into Isaac's memory, he found out Isaac's house, or mansion, had a guest room where Asahi could stay. In fact, Hinami and Asahi would usually come to visit him, so they would already have left over clothes and necessities at Isaac's house.

"Thank you." Asahi looked unusually glum. He pulled out his phone and texted his father. Asahi didn't want his parents and sister to see him in such a pitiful state. He might get scolded again. Asahi just wanted to watch a good romance movie to make himself feel a bit better. 

_