1.10 Imprison

A sleep inducing tune filled Ezequiel's ears. It was a sweet lullaby that seemed so familiar. It almost felt like he knew it longer than he should have, but as awareness gradually came to him, he recognized the voice that was humming the tune. His eyes snapped wide open in alarm. He woke up in an unfamiliar bed. A pair of grey eyes were staring at him. Ishikawa's arm was draped over his shoulders as he lay beside him.

"You're awake." Ishikawa stopped humming and smiled softly. The light from the lamp was shining down on Ishikawa's face.

Ezequiel jumped out of bed in a panic. His eyes were wide as he analysed his situation. He was still clothed. He was in a different location, and his body was free of any wounds or injuries. No windows or doors available for Ezequiel to utilize as a means of escape. The only furniture in the room was a bed and a flimsy plastic light that could hardly be used as a weapon of self-defense.

He is trapped.

Ishikawa sat up from the bed and hesitantly approached Ezequiel with a worried frown. "Do you still feel uncomfortable? Does the chain hurt you? " Ishikawa, guilty, looked at the black chain.

That was then Ezequiel realized that he had a floating black chain in his wrist connecting him to the chain that binds Ishikawa's neck. "What did you do to me? What the fuck is this?" Ezequiel didn't even notice that he started to speak in English, he angrily tugged on the chain, but to his astonishment, his hands went right through it. He tried to touch it one more time, but all he could feel was air. He was weightless and couldn't feel the chain against his skin. If he couldn't even touch it, how could he remove it?

"This chain connects us." A strangely possessive look settled on Ishikawa's face. Even if it was dark, his grey eyes looked like they were glowing dangerously. "It will help me find you."

Ezequiel didn't know how to react. He remembered how clearly and deeply disturbed Ishikawa was earlier. How did Ishikawa know he was going to leave? Was he that obvious?

No he was not, Ezequiel was sure of it. He may not be that good at lying and acting, but the way Ishikawa reacts is definitely concerning. It's almost like he knows something. What was more concerning is that Ishikawa said he was leaving again and that Ishikawa waited a long time.

What does he mean by that?

"Where am I? Why did you bring me here? "

Ishikawa had closed their distance between them and put a reassuring hand on Ezequiel's shoulder, but Ezequiel didn't feel reassured at all. "I know you still don't remember your memories. Worry not, you're at a safe place, my love. "

What part of this was safe? Ezequiel is in an unknown place with an untouchable ghostly chain connecting him to Ishikawa. Ezequiel didn't feel safe at all. Emotions coiled in his stomach, mostly fear and anger.

"I'm so happy you came back." Ishikawa looked deeply into Ezequiel's eyes. "Do you know how many years I waited? It almost felt like an eternity. "

He did remember Ishikawa mentioning something about his lover not remembering him. Ezequiel had a strong feeling Ishikawa was referring to him, but it still doesn't make sense. Ezequiel never had a romantic relationship and Isaac never had one either.

Is Ishikawa just delusional?

Staring down at the chains on his hand, Ezequiel believes Ishikawa indeed has some sort of delusion.

Ezequiel tensed up when Ishikawa hugged his waist, his arms wrapping around his body like a snake slithering and coiling against his skin. Ishikawa rested his head on Ezequiel's chest, listening to his heart beat. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he inhaled Ezequiel's scent.