2.4 Horny Simp

A forest that is wrapped by a curtain of darkness is a common setting for horror movies. Neo felt like a protagonist of a scary film. He is blond, scared and alone in the middle of a creepy forest.

Sweaty, tired, and afraid, Neo hugged his knees as he lean on a tree. It was so dark, he could barely see anything. Neo couldn't help but gulped in terror, a sense of utter dread twisting on his insides. With his shaky hands, he created a ball of light to provide himself with heat and light.

An aggrieved expression crossed his face as he thought about how Kieran coldly treated him. Why do they make it easy to romance the villain in fanfiction and otome games? Kieran's red flags are as big as his chest. The guy has issues, but unfortunately, he is hot.

Damn his pretty eyes and arrogant smile.

"Ugh, curse my unquenchable thirst for physical thicc and mentally sick villains." Fantasies are always sweet and romantic, but reality will often punch you in the face.

A cold gush of wind touched Neo's skin, making a shiver run down his spine. "No. I'm not scared. It's just the wind, Neo. " Neo repeatedly mumbled to himself, He is definitely not afraid. He had seen the worst in scary movies. It's not like a long-haired ghost will suddenly come out of a well. "Ghost doesn't exist Ghost doesn't exist Ghost doesn't exist Ghost doesn't exist Ghost doesn't exist The Ghost doesn't exist Ghost doesn't exist Ghost doesn't exist-

BOOM!!!

The sky was illuminated by an ominous lightning. "Kyaaa!!!" Neo screeched. He felt his heart leap out of his chest from pure terror. As loud as a thousand drums, the thunder struck the inky black sky. There was another rumble in the sky, then it was followed by rain drops falling from the sky.
____

The wind howls like a monster waking from its deep slumber. The cave protected Ezequiel from the harsh wind and rain. "He is the protagonist, he will survive." Ezequiel shifted uncomfortably in his stone bed. It was hard and only had an animal skin as a cover and wooden pillow.

Ezequiel's thoughts couldn't stay in place as he thought about the guy he left in the forest. Cursing under his breath, Ezequiel created a small black sphere in his hand to check on the protagonist's condition.

The protagonist looked pale and a shivering mess. He was coughing badly as he hugged his knees. The rain ruthlessly drenched his body from the bottom to the top. He was barely conscious as he leaned against a tree.

Why didn't he find a shelter? Or use his power? He probably lost most of his energy and was too weak to even move. At this point, the protagonist will get sick or, worse case scenario, he will pass out and die.

"Fuck it." Ezequiel immediately stood up and put on his fur coat. He knew doing this would decrease the villain meter, but he could just easily regain it later.

Ezequiel teleported out of the cave with a destination in mind. The cold wind bite his exposed skin. He used his dark energy to repel some of the rain droplets.

Ezequiel loomed over the shivering protagonist. Neo weakly looked up and saw gleaming golden eyes. "You came back..." A shaky smile went into his pale lips.

[⚠️ Warning the villain meter will decrease]

[Villain meter: 39%]

Ezequiel frowned when he heard the notification. He removed his fur coat and placed it on Neo's shoulder. "If you don't want to die here, you can come with me."

Neo weakly stood up, exhaustion evident on his face. His knees were shaking badly. Before he could take a step, he tripped on a rock and fell face first on the ground.