1.9 Death

He failed.

Asahi was so close to achieving his goal when everything went wrong. All his hard work went into ashes before he knew it. This novel was supposed to be simple, but all of his plans failed one by one, and before he knew it, it was checkmate.

Asahi's heartbeat echoed in his ears, his eyes widening in shock as blood gushed out of his wrist. He overtook a portion of his brain. He couldn't move. All he could do was look at the crazed person in front of him. He lay in the bathtub, completely defenseless.

"I never intend to kill you, Shijuro Asahi." The man wiped off the blood that spilled on his cheeks. "It's all your fault. You are getting in my way. You leave me with no choice. You have to die to break the effects of love potion."

At each moment, Asahi felt more anxious. He couldn't stop his bleeding. Seeing the crimson red blood spreading on the water that was rising at an alarming rate made him feel fearful. He tried to move his body, but he couldn't even lift his finger.

He can't scream, move, or speak.

Asahi was losing his consciousness, but even just for a second, he didn't want to close his eyes.

No one can save him from his incoming death, not even that purple bastard. He couldn't escape he couldn't even activate his teleportation stone.

Will he really die here?

This was the first time his life was threatened on a mission. He did encounter dangerous situations, but it never came to the point where he could potentially lose his life. Was it because he failed to gain Isaac's affection? Is that why he will meet a bad end?

Asahi's vision was getting blurry. It was so cold that he could feel his body freezing as he submerged into the cold, deadly embrace of water.

The scent of blood traveled into the air. Asahi's bright onyx eyes slowly turned lifeless like a doll. With that, the man walked away.
________

The sun's bright rays shone down on Ezequiel's eyeballs, making him squint to adjust his vision. He could hear trumpets and drums close to his ears, as if he were at a festival.

His head hurt badly, like someone had drilled a hole in it, leaving a large empty space. Ezequiel's skin felt like it had needles embedded in it. Ezequiel was so confused, but it soon made sense when he saw the punchable smug grin on certain white haired gremlin.

"Congratulations! You accomplished your first mission! " The white haired chibi blows the trumpet in his hand.

"Huh? How? All I did was get sick." Ezequiel frowned in confusion as he scratched his head. He felt that there was something missing, but he couldn't figure out what it was. "What happened?" A holographic screen appeared in his vision, showing the points he had received.

"Oh my, you don't remember?"The chibi owlishly blink, then bursts out laughing as he rolls around on the floor. "This is so entertaining!"

Ezequiel was not amused. Had he really forgotten something? The last thing he remembered was that Asahi was taking care of him while he was sick. What happened after that? Why was he on the floor? Did he fall off his bed ? Is that why his head hurts?

"Since I'm kind and generous, I'll give you a little clue." The chibi winked. "You're quite adorable begging on your knees."

"The fuck are you talking about." Ezequiel sneered.

"Now, be a good little human." The chibi patted Ezequiel's head and cooed. "What happened to your absolute obedience?" He dodge the slippers that Ezequiel thrown at him as he cackled.

"Let's not resort to violence human." He faked a pout. " It's a wonderful day today! You have already accomplished your mission! Are you ready to go on another wonderful and exciting journey?"