1.7 Sickly sweet

The rain rhythmically fell on the window. Onyx eyes watched the dark clouds in contempt. His expression look darker than the brewing storm on the sky.

"He knows I am afraid of storms and yet he still leave me."

"This is so difficult. Is the love meter broken? Why are my tactics not working? " Maybe he had brain damage when he punched him. If only he knew he wouldn't accept that mission. He bit his lips harshly that it drew blood.

A loud boom resounded from outside, shaking the earth as a crack of lightning shot through the sky. Asahi felt a chill run down his spine. He let out a deep sigh to control his emotions.

He tried to calm down the constant shaking of his body from the sound of thunder. Why does he have to play such a timid character?

When he looked up, he almost jumped out of his seat. A pair of golden-rimmed irises stared at him amused. "Having a hard time?" It may have sounded like a harmless inquiry, but Asahi knew that this man didn't ask it out of concern.

"Of course I am. You banned me from using my love charms and beauty charms." His onyx eyes fiercely glared at the floating white-haired chibi.

"Banned you? I didn't do anything wrong, so is it my fault that those products were out of stock?" The white-haired man drew a smile, but hidden underneath it was a string of trickery and sadism. "Well, you can use this mission to test your skills. Isn't it pathetic that you only get a 100% love meter just because you squander your points on love and beauty charms?"

"That's not true, I got 70%-

"2% human, you only have 2% now. Isn't it so sad? You worked so hard to earn these points, but it just went down with a poof. " He ruthlessly interrupted, his golden rimmed irises staring mockingly at the fuming mortal.

"What did you do?" It was impossible for the love meter to be that low in an instant. Asahi didn't remember doing anything that could make Isaac lose interest. The smile on the man's face made Asahi uneasy.

"What did I do?" He questioned and cackled loudly, sounding like a seagull squeaking early in the morning. "You dare to blame me for your incompetence, human? If I were you, I'll just focus on winning his heart. "

For awhile, Asahi remained quiet. He struggled to sort out his thoughts. He didn't know what to do next. He didn't know how he would succeed with such limited time and resources.

He needs something that could make Isaac love him instantly.

Like a love potion.

"Hey, Tell me where Asahi bought the love potion it wasn't mentioned on the book." Asahi demanded.

"Why am I not surprised? I knew you would do this eventually." The man threw his head back and laughed hysterically. "Well then, if you want information, go buy some spoilers."
________

It was quite and tranquil with the moonlight filtering through the windows of a gift shop. There was a distinct click from the door, signifying that it had been unlocked. The intruder flinched when a bell chimed from opening the door. He warily looked around.

Cautious and alert.

He tried to find what he was looking for. Using the holographic map on his screen, he skillfully looked for the red dot that indicated the object that he was finding.

The intruder pressed a button under a bookshelf, it rumbled and slid to the side to reveal a dark secret passageway.

The hallways were moldy, cold, and dark. He stepped carefully to prevent any sounds. Finally, he had arrived in a large, ominous chamber. His eyes widened when he saw what was inside the room. It wasn't the various wooden shelves that were filled with potions and mysterious herbs, nor the cauldron that had a black gooey substance that bubbled and reeked. What stunned him the most was the portrait of two women in the middle of the room.