† TRIAL ZERO

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

A young girl with long red hair touching the tip of her tailbone, the only hair tie she had was around her wrist while she woke up looking around seeing the bright blue sky above her. She gasps for air while she frantically looks around trying to figure out where she was at. Why couldn't she remember anything. She begins to cough loudly trying to get whatever was in her lungs out.

Musting up some courage, she stands up cupping her hands around her mouth and screams out; "Help!" It was silent, only thing that was making sound were the crickets, the cicadas and the birds.

When no one came, her bright ocean blue eyes glance around trying to find something to grab so she could climb out of the box that was also filled with things. When she found a knife, she looked around trying to find a lose rope. The young girl found a rope and tied it around the knife and swung it and tossed it in the air, hoping it would dig deep enough to where it didn't make her fall.

Pulling against the rope gently, she pulls herself up but falls back down with the knife came undone from the ground and she grunts landing on her back. The young girl growls a little bit pushing herself up, looking up trying to think of what she could do to get out of the Box. Looking around, she sees the boxes surrounding her, all of them marked with the same phrase. 'W.I.C.K.E.D'.

"Hmm..."

The young girl threw all the boxes she could up on top of the box hoping they would be sturdy and high enough to get out. Grabbing her knife again and looks up trying to aim once more. She had to do this right or else this will end very badly. Taking a deep breath, she twists the knife behind her tossing it up in the air and it lands on the ground again. Looking at the boxes making sure there was enough space for the rope but not the knife. She begins to pull herself out.

She then felt the knife becoming lose again making her gasp and climb quickly. When the knife loosened itself from the ground, it was flying towards her making her gasp, ready for the impact but didn't feel anything and saw it lodged itself into a box. Her eyes widen as she finally gets out of the Box finally, she lands on her back panting heavily.

She wore a black tank top, green cargo pants with a utility garter belt, calf high black combat boots. She also had on a green coat and black fingerless gloves. Sighing a bit, she rolled over to push herself up and took off her coat and put it next to the Box and began taking everything out of the Box.

What felt like hours, she finally got everything out and she wiped the sweat off her face. She looks up at the sky seeing the sky turning dusk, turning around and then sees the perfect spot to set up a place to sleep. Taking a deep breath, she looks around and grabs her knife out of the sheath behind her and gets to work.

~

A long month later, the young girl sighs trying to get the garden going. It was trying. Every night, she heard the gears from the walls shift and loud screeches at night. But they never came into the Glade, she timed the doors when they opened and when they closed. After the second week of figuring out what to do, she began running through the Maze, mapping it out. She got through one of the sections within the first week and sighs a little bit. Her eyes tired as she slept through the night. The third week, she took a break from the Maze and began working on a watch tower which took her three days to build.

An alarm sounded loud knocking her out of her thoughts while she jogs to the box when she sees three boys freaking out. Chuckling, she bends down leaning against her knees. She was only wearing her tank top, pants and boots with her knives in their sheathes around her garter belt.

"Hello," She spoke softly. They look up, freaking out. "It's okay, what you're feeling is normal, I promise. I'm Katri, you'll remember your names in a couple of days." She puts her hand out for them to take. Pinching her lips while one of the boys stands up and grabs her hand as she pulls him up. Then they both help the other two out. "Let me give you the tour of the Glade... which isn't quite... finished yet..."

The boys look around seeing the Homestead where one hammock was, they book and see the Watch Tower and then the Garden. Katri sighs a little bit and stops walking. "Listen, this is it so far, you three are more than welcome to make hammocks where the Homestead is. I have the Garden over northeast, and then the Watch Tower right there. The one thing I ask you three not do. Is go through those doors. I will explain during the bonfire that I'm thinking of having since you three showed up."

They slowly nod not asking any questions about what was going on. They seemed to be in shock about where they're at. Katri gently smiles to them. "If you're thirsty, there's a river behind the Homestead. I did attempt to make a pump to filter out the bad stuff from the water to give us fresh water. Other than that, make yourself at home." Katri pauses and then turns to them. "Listen, we need to make this work, but we can't do that without one another. I just ask that you do your part. Never harm one another, it won't work unless we have trust in one another. Alright?"